Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@ciaomatteo:

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
lefteyecc, of course, of course. I'm not being mean about it and by no means are they personal attacks or points to you. I'm just commenting on how some of the reviewers points are a little subjective or misguided. I figure if he is allowed to comment about it I can comment about it too.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@ciaomatteo:

Okay, okay unless you haven't upgraded. :P

But they did implement it nevertheless! lol

I've got ?3.1? on my iPod Touch right now.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...d=0CB4QqwQwAw#

@ciaomatteo: seriously? it's been like that since 1.0 and i'm now on 3.1.2...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Here is a similar article from UMPC Portal http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/10/th...he-nokia-n900/

Alrighty

1) Landscape only - Meh, If I had wanted a phone that operates entirely in portrait I wouldnt have bothered with one with a keyboard. That being said there is nothing stopping devs making all their apps portrait.

2) Password not showing - Annoying but not a deal breaker. Either get down easy debian and use full firefox, or learn to type. Either way I am sure if enough people complain it will be an easy fix - or may have been fixed already. Fennec is an option as well

3/4) Icon size - I guess finger size can be an issue. Least with the resistive screen your accuracy of press will be spot on. More desktops I guess would be nice But I find myself not using the 5 I have in my g1 - sure I have stuff on them - but I never look at it.

5) Maps - ok give you this one.

6) Lack of apps - ermm the device isnt even out man - and in the past few days I have seen a steady flow of new apps coming in the extras area. Hey what about that awesome iphone app store when the iphone was release .... oooooh yeah thats right. They didnt get one for more than 12 months.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

@ciaomatteo: seriously? it's been like that since 1.0 and i'm now on 3.1.2...
Wow... yours doesn't look like the video? Mine does. I have never seen the (x)'s on the firmware I'm on.

Originally Posted by ciaomatteo View Post
Wow... yours doesn't look like the video? Mine does. I have never seen the (x)'s on the firmware I'm on.
Um.. so how do you delete the unwanted icons?
Btw, the system\default apps don't have the x's. Only downloaded apps (and shortcuts) have the x's.

Anyways, we shouldn't OOT here..

Re: Article
Yes, I think the writer made some good points, but all of them will\can be fixed on future OS update.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Um.. so how do you delete the unwanted icons?
Btw, the system\default apps don't have the x's. Only downloaded apps (and shortcuts) have the x's.

Anyways, we shouldn't OOT here..

Re: Article
Yes, I think the writer made some good points, but all of them will\can be fixed on future OS update.
Shows how much I use that thing... My mistake. Maybe they should make a trash can pop up on the dash area and then you can drag it to there if you don't want it.

Anyway. Stylus helps or any other pointed object that won't scratch the screen.

ciao I was actually appreciative of your comments :-) no meanness intended. I guess we all gotta remember that every user is gonna have their own view, well hopefully anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to lefteyecc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
number 4 shows that the guy has no idea about mobile GUIs

it's all about what is reasonable. of course i'd like same amount of stuff visible as linux with 4 desktop and monitor @1600x1200.

who wants to scroll in average 3-4 times to go to right desktop? what's the point? you could do it faster by opening a piece of software from menu than scrolling to right widget with same contents.