Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Well.. Since Turkish people are used to be ignored in local customizations, current condition is really appreciated and better than no support at all.

Adding Turkish UI + Turkish onscreen keyboard will surely change a lot of minds..
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

If a Turkish (virtual) keyboard would be added it would be enough for me too actually a hardware keyboard would be hard since there are 6 extra buttons to be added.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
I think if Maemo integrates some software like Launchpad for translations, and permit everyone to translate, it'll work great for Turkish,Arabic and other not supported languages - except hardware keyboard, of course.

Ubuntu supports lots of languages because of community support. So why doesnt Nokia choose to get some help from Turkish customers?

About hardware, if Nokia releases N900 in Turkey someday, they can offer keyboard replacement for us maybe.

Last edited by Aranel; 2009-12-04 at 16:08.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Also see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34342

telefonu 2sinde aldim, Turkcesi yok fakat mukemmel bir aygit, Tavsiye ederim. $imdilik I dont think its available yet fakat cikacakdir muhakkak turkce arayuzu.

I'll get mine @ Dec 11, i hate to wait. Where did you get yours? (or maybe you dont live in Turkey?)

Turkish: Benimki 11 aralıkta gelecek sen nereden buldun, Türkiye'de mi yaşıyorsun?

it will be relatively easy than other languages (such Arabic or any kind of Eastern language with different characters and writting styles like right to left or up to down) because it's allmost same with english with extra 6 -or 12 with capital- letters (which are çÇ öÖ ıİ ğĞ şŞ üÜ)

I'm wondering if the web browser can decode turkish character set or not.Aranel and Original, can you see the Turkish pages properly? (sabah.com.tr, milliyet.com.tr, etc.)

Turkish :Aranel ve Original, Türkçe sayfalarda yazılar düzgün görünüyor mu?

ingilterede ya$iyorum, burdan aldim. ye you can, its a tablet, lets say your pc's language is english, but you can view turkish pages as they are.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Greek language not available on menu and also when u want to insert with hardware keyboard

Here is the onscreen keyboard for Turkish: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/ukeyboard/

It looks great =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post: