Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Where iss the SQ Lite Database stored?

When in the 256MB Application Memory then the Limits is very fast reached...
Not in the application memory, on the internal memory card, the 32GB one.

And SMS messages are by standard max 1024 characters (and human originating SMSs are 160 characters), so in practice the amount is unlimited. Would be with even the 256 MBs.

Or then your operator really loves you for sending those millions of SMSs :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
I have two questions and couldn't find better place to ask.

- Do time stamps on SMSes indicate the time they were received (as in Symbian/S60) or the time they were sent (as in the rest), or both?
- Are time stamps seen after some clicks (as in Symbian/S60) or within the SMS (as in the most of the rest)?

These are bugging me at the moment
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
- Are time stamps seen after some clicks (as in Symbian/S60) or within the SMS (as in the most of the rest)?
The time and date are displayed right along with the SMS, just in a smaller font size.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by 0Dark Knight0 View Post
it will be same as previous devices
Except that there are NO previous devices.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
well E71 has a limit on msgs, so its a valid question! It's a numerical limit too on msgs, which sucks.

edit: IIRC, I think I overgeneralized in my last statement, E71 limits SENT msgs. Will N900? I like to read my past msgs sometimes to refer back to things. It's hard to remember the full conversation when half of the messages (aka the messages I sent), are all missing lol.
the limit in e71 is 999 messages. life is hard...

e: and the limit is for sent messages if were being accurate.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
What about this?

- Do time stamps on SMSes indicate the time they were received (as in Symbian/S60) or the time they were sent (as in the rest), or both?
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I have a question, is it possible to search through the SMS/IM ? Searching and sorting is really useful feature.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nashith View Post
I have a question, is it possible to search through the SMS/IM ? Searching and sorting is really useful feature.
Have not seen a function for this - feel free to post an enhancement request in bugs.maemo.org in the "Chat" product.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Showing the received time only is incredibly annoying when a text is delayed - as me and my partner have both found with S60.

We'll send a message like "I'll be there in 30 minutes" or "I'm going to bed now", or "I've just arrived at my destination", it gets delayed for an hour for random network reasons, and because it looks the same as one just sent, someone gets confused or upset about what happened when.

My old Sony-Ericsson K850i shows _both_ times under Message Details: Sent and Received times, as well as Delivery Confirmed time. It's one of those subtle touches where I found S-E nicer than S60 to use for text messages. (The other things being text entry: S-E's T9 text entry tends to come up with the right words more often than S60 because it adapts to the words you choose, S-E doesn't clobber already-entered words like S60 when deleting the last character, and you can edit the dictionary of words you've added, to remove mistakes, which is especially annoying on S60 when a mistake entered into the dictionary overrides a common word).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post:
Indeed, that is important. My S-E (different type) also shows send as well as received. Normally messages are received almost immediately, but sometimes they are delayed and you get a message saying "we're at the pub" and the pub isn't even open (due to a delayed message). I've received messages that have been up to ten days old and would have been very confusing unless I had been aware of that fact.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:

Tags
limits, memory, sms