Active Topics

This thread is also now about funny sharks.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
again, please define "shark"

Any type of shark you want

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
I'm still trying to work out how to post a link to this thread from the original one without actually posting
I was taught to use goto's sparingly, but how about a tag instead of a post. Something like:

goto 33582_if_bored

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Any type of shark you want
Hmm, for some reason I was expecting a lawyer picture...

-jkq

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Since I can post here, I will.

Someone explain to me why.

Why it is that the last date delay (from 26th Oct to 2nd Nov) was up on the sites like Amazon and Expansys within a day or two at the latest, but since they they have not changed their dates.

As far as I can gather, the only 'Official' pronouncement from Nokia has been Peter's comment here that n900 will ship "In November". All other exact dates are speculation: by suppliers, fans, Nokia local stores/websites, rabid fans chewing their faces off...

Now, the Amazon and Expansys dates would fit within Peter's Window: "In November".

What mystifies me is that, whereas I can see that dodgy websites-I've-never-heard of might be claiming an early date to get orders, Amazon and Expansys are among the most reputable companies online. When the date was set back before, they changed their 'pre-order' pages within 24 hours, and I received information from Amazon within a couple of days.

It also mystifies me that, if the sites are not pulling a fast one, they haven't yet heard from Nokia that the devices are not expected this weekend. I can see Nokia not telling us - but I can't see them making that sort of bad business arrangement with suppliers they need to continue to do business with. I could see Amazon taking the line of "Nokia messed us around too often - let's only carry iphone in future..."

Yeah, I know - I can't quite let go of the hope till I get that email from Amazon. But surely, if they're going to be able to ship to me on Monday, the device should be on it's way across the sea by now? And they should know it's not?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
rabid fans chewing their faces off
Now that would be truly ghastly to watch...

Maybe Nokia are planning to secretly release the N900 this Friday to their stores, so it gets shipped to us on Monday and we'll then spend all of Tue/Wed/Thu posting "OMZFG IT'S ARRRIIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!" threads on here.

It may also be a conspiracy by Nokia to bring the whole UK IT infrastructure to its knees next week by giving new toys to thousands of geeks all at once.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
This is getting very silly.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Further to the above: Amazon UK are adamant (having refreshed, checked the dates, etc) that they will be shipping on Monday. Which will get even me face-chewing when they don't.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
This is getting very silly.
I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Tags
sharks