Active Topics

Notices

I actually liked the whole n-gage thingy; however the games they offered sucked big time

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
N-Gage fan here..

I think it could have worked well if they'd put more effort into it.

Setting aside the cons for a minute.. The Pros:

Online gaming via networks
Online leaderboards, xbox live style application, profile pics, ratings, chatrooms, IM, game demo downloads.
Quite a large community built up on N-Gage Arena..(did take 6 years)
~~

It was almost like PC gaming - except mobile. Games were being developed for multiple handsets.. I think the right way to go would have been to create much the same game but have certain hardware options enabled/disabled based on the device, and screen resolution options too.

One game did this, in fact it was called 'ONE' which ran great on the N95 which had it's own graphics chip, but the other handsets were given an option to disable lighting/shade effects and anti aliasing options.

Could of worked well but it was a half @ssed attempt.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Well you guys are all assuming that it's just.. gone.. maybe just the "N-gage" word is gone.. but everything will be the same.. Just merged with Ovi.. We can't make a full judgement on Nokia just yet.. Maybe they will move everything from N-Gage to Ovi... And maybe call it Ovi Games? Dunno.. But it would be totally worth it.

Last edited by bandora; 2009-11-07 at 06:28.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
.N900 will never have N-Gage support - no phone will after 2010
Does the title mean that the N900 will come out after 2010?