Active Topics

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ troll cave
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
Good group of guys outside waiting in line, I kinda figured alot of people wouldn't be there lining up in the morning because everyone basicallyh pre-ordered. I can respect that but I wanted that phone. So driving 8 hours was really worth it.
Anyone took pictures of the lineup?

More posts to come. THIS PHONE IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
You must be so lucky , I am still waiting

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Hey does anyone know how do you take video? I'm still trying to figure it out and I can't seem to find it. Can someone give me the steps please?
You mean record a video using the N900's camera? That puzzled me too for quite a while. In fact, I initially thought that the N900 couldn't record video at all.

You need to launch the Camera app and tap 'A' to select another scene mode. At the bottom of the dialog that opens, you'll see the Video button. A really odd place to put that switch.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by mehdiE View Post
You mean record a video using the N900's camera? That puzzled me too for quite a while. In fact, I initially thought that the N900 couldn't record video at all.

You need to launch the Camera app and tap 'A' to select another scene mode. At the bottom of the dialog that opens, you'll see the Video button. A really odd place to put that switch.
That 'A' is for automatic and it's the mode in which the camera is by default. That first icon represents the mode of the camera. You can change it to: Macro, Portrait, Landscape, Action, or: Video.
It's not that odd once you see the bigger picture.

Thanks guys, most appreciated, I'll try to download mozilla when I get home using the wifi I got there, Edge is really really slow, hopefully mozilla will help it stream better content. Pretty happy so far, can view some good videos on Youku and MegaVideo looked alright so far. I just need a Sopcast application...ha

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
What can I say, what can I say, it's nice being one of the first in Canada to have this phone. Honestly though I didn't realize it would be this good, this phone is phenomenal, I'm actually speechless.

Big shout out to NYC Nokia fan who I met in the Flagship store lining up on Saturday morning, what a great guy. The Credit Card machines weren't working so all you saw were some hardcore Nokia N900 fans walking the streets searching for a Bank Machine. Funny thing was that when we got back to the store, the machines were working again..HAHAHA

Good group of guys outside waiting in line, I kinda figured alot of people wouldn't be there lining up in the morning because everyone basicallyh pre-ordered. I can respect that but I wanted that phone. So driving 8 hours was really worth it.

Just playing with just a tiny bit, I've realised enormous potential of this bad boy. Figured out how to download Bounce, but I'd like to ask someone where's the Firefox ICON on my browser? Is it already Firefox? I don't see any confirmation that it is.

More posts to come. THIS PHONE IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Hey,

I was one of the guys in line with you (drove up from DC). I agree, there was a good group of guys outside. As soon as you all left to look for ATMs, their credit card systems came online.

I love the device. I think it is a home run and erases my N97 experience. Although I checked it in the store, when I got back home I discovered 2 dead pixels!

Did your wife do a lot of shopping while you were buying the N900?

Originally Posted by gskimmel View Post
Hey,

I was one of the guys in line with you (drove up from DC). I agree, there was a good group of guys outside. As soon as you all left to look for ATMs, their credit card systems came online.

I love the device. I think it is a home run and erases my N97 experience. Although I checked it in the store, when I got back home I discovered 2 dead pixels!

Did your wife do a lot of shopping while you were buying the N900?
You guys are crazy lol. I didn't want to drive 20 miles there and wanted to wait until Monday. But they are sold out so I feel like an idiot lol.

Hey yeah I remember you guys, cool how what the trip back to DC? Shopping...HAHA, It was first experience at the Woodbury Outlet Mail with all the Prada, Gucci, Fendi, Dolce Gabbana, whatever you wanted, let's just say she spent more on one Gucci bag than I did for the phone...When you went on Maemo Select, did you try downloading the emulators for NES and Sega? Does it work? I'm not sure on how to use these applications.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
I just emailed you back, but for everyone else who may be interested:

after installing the emulators, you need to google the ROMs. I googled NES games and was given several cites. Navigate the cites, look for their download section and start downloading the games. Once you have those games then you start up the emulator and select the games you want to play. I'm trying to figure out how to customize the controls for the games because on super mario brothers all i can do is jump.

Thanks just got it, email me back if you have that list.

I even can play EVONY on the N900, this phone is awesome.