Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Exactly how are you trying to sync? Bluetooth? We need more details to be able to help.

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Exactly how are you trying to sync? Bluetooth? We need more details to be able to help.

ya sorry, its via blutooth

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston, TX
I was using a Nokia N80 before I got my N900 yesterday. I copied my N80 contacts to the SIM card and then moved the SIM card to the N900 and copied them into my contacts. Unfortunately, every phone number transferred as a separate contact, with no labels, so N900 thinks they are all cell numbers. None of the email addresses or physical addresses copied to the N900. The first and last names copied over backwards (last became first and vice versa) and the company names didn't copy at all. Also, I noticed the N900 doesn't have a detail label for fax numbers. I just deleted them since I never fax anyone anymore. But it would have been nice to have the info in my phone just in case I got in a jam and needed a fax number for something.

I'm sure there is probably a better way to transfer contacts without losing so much, but I've fixed all of mine manually now anyway. Not sure if this problem was due to limitations of the N80 or the SIM card. My T-Mobile SIM card is pretty old (about 5 years). Hopefully others will have better luck.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aprimo View Post
I was using a Nokia N80 before I got my N900 yesterday. I copied my N80 contacts to the SIM card and then moved the SIM card to the N900 and copied them into my contacts. Unfortunately, every phone number transferred as a separate contact, with no labels, so N900 thinks they are all cell numbers. None of the email addresses or physical addresses copied to the N900. The first and last names copied over backwards (last became first and vice versa) and the company names didn't copy at all. Also, I noticed the N900 doesn't have a detail label for fax numbers. I just deleted them since I never fax anyone anymore. But it would have been nice to have the info in my phone just in case I got in a jam and needed a fax number for something.

I'm sure there is probably a better way to transfer contacts without losing so much, but I've fixed all of mine manually now anyway. Not sure if this problem was due to limitations of the N80 or the SIM card. My T-Mobile SIM card is pretty old (about 5 years). Hopefully others will have better luck.
That's due to SIM card limitations, only one number per contact. Transferring over Bluetooth might work better.

I've tried the simple steps going from contacts >> get contacts & copying from sim.

but its obviously not working....

anyone know why?