Notices

Originally Posted by filbert View Post
I have installed this app on my N900 but can't see any sign of it - or how I can use it. Has anyone else worked it out?

Rgrds

Peter
The Evernote 'app' as such simply adds a new entry in the Sharing Accounts applet of the Settings panel so that you can configure the phone with your Evernote website account credentials (just like configuring your Flickr account).

Then, when you take a photo, you can share it to Evernote.

That's it. Kinda nice and simple. I haven't found any other apps that support sharing-to-Evernote this way, but I haven't looked to hard. . .

Hi,....I'm suffering from same problem....installed the app but no idea how to use it...
on the website i enter my details and it proceeds and then there's only a blank screeen....

anyone know what is supposed to be happening....

Regards

Kasim

Originally Posted by kasimkn View Post
Hi,....I'm suffering from same problem....installed the app but no idea how to use it...
on the website i enter my details and it proceeds and then there's only a blank screeen....

anyone know what is supposed to be happening....

Regards

Kasim
  1. Install the Evernote App
  2. Go to the Settings Applet for your N900 (like Control Panel for Windoze PC's)
  3. Access Sharing Accounts in the 'Connectivity' section
  4. Click the 'New' button, select 'Evernote' as the Sharing Account type, then enter your Evernote site credentials
  5. Take a photo with the N900.
  6. When the sharing icon appears on-screen (three circles connected in an open triangle), press it and select Evernote as the Sharing Account by which you wish to share the photo
  7. Enter tags, title, description, etc as you wish
  8. Click 'Done'

Your photo will appear in your Evernote account online momentarily.

Should you continue to 'suffer', take two aspirin and get offline for a while...;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to digittante For This Useful Post:
Don't like the fact that you have to post info online. Would be nice if it allowed for storing internally on the n900 only.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Southwest USA Desert
Originally Posted by backwoods View Post
Don't like the fact that you have to post info online. Would be nice if it allowed for storing internally on the n900 only.
You need to go to Evernote.com and check out the applications purpose, functions and capabilities. The basic idea is to have any and (nearly) all kinds of your data, available and searchable from any PC. Laptop, Netbook, Smart Phone, etc., located anywhere that has Internet access. Once you get used to using it, you become addicted. It is a great tool that can be customized for any work, school, or personal use.
Ah, but alas, there is no app for OS2008... so we can only view, search, and delete entries using the mobile web access.
We can email data and photos directly into Evernote from our NITs though, and that works well.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hassayampa Slim View Post
I'm lost at this. Do you see some way to access Evernote thru Conboy???
Currently there is no way to access Evernote through Conboy. However there might be in the future. There are two things currently under consideration:

Support for the sharing plugins
We could convert the Conboy notes to something which the Evernote webservice understands and send them through the Evernote sharing plugin. This way we could push Conboy notes to Evernote, but not more.
qwerty12 did a quick test and it looks like the Evernote service does not accept HTML but only PDF. HTML would be easy to create, PDF not that easy.

Evernote plugin for Conboy
There is someone interested in writing a plugin for Conboy which directly supports Evernote. This would be two ways (sending and receiving). There is even some code already, but still many technical problems to solve. I won't say more here - I leave it to this person to unveil the concrete plans. But don't expect anything too soon.

If there are more Conboy specific questions, please feel free to post them here where most of the discussion takes place.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Support for the sharing plugins
We could convert the Conboy notes to something which the Evernote webservice understands and send them through the Evernote sharing plugin. This way we could push Conboy notes to Evernote, but not more.
qwerty12 did a quick test and it looks like the Evernote service does not accept HTML but only PDF. HTML would be easy to create, PDF not that easy.
API documentation says it has limited support for XHTML:

Before submitting HTML content over the EDAM API the client application is expected to follow the following steps:

1.Convert the document into valid XML
2.Discard all tags that are not accepted by the ENML DTD
3.Convert tags to the proper ENML equivalent (e.g. BODY becomes EN-NOTE)
4.Validate against the ENML DTD
5.Validate href and src values to be valid URLs and protocols

ENML permits the use of the following standard XHTML elements:

A, ABBR, ACRONYM, ADDRESS, AREA, B, BDO, BIG, BLOCKQUOTE, BR, CAPTION, CENTER, CITE, CODE, COL, COLGROUP, DD, DEL, DFN, DIV, DL, DT, EM, FONT, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, HR, I, IMG, INS, KBD, LI, MAP, OL, P PRE, Q, S, SAMP, SMALL, SPAN, STRIKE, STRONG, SUB, SUP, TABLE, TBODY, TD, TFOOT, TH, THEAD, TITLE, TR, TT, U, UL, VAR, XMP

The following XHTML elements are not included in ENML:

APPLET, BASE, BASEFONT, BGSOUND, BLINK, BODY, BUTTON, DIR, EMBED, FIELDSET, FORM, FRAME, FRAMESET, HEAD, HTML, IFRAME, ILAYER, INPUT, ISINDEX, LABEL, LAYER, LEGEND, LINK, MARQUEE, MENU, META, NOFRAMES, NOSCRIPT, OBJECT, OPTGROUP, OPTION, PARAM, PLAINTEXT, SCRIPT, SELECT, STYLE, TEXTAREA, XML

A number of attributes are also disallowed from the supported XHTML elements:

id, class, style, onclick, ondblclick, on* …, accesskey, data, dynsrc, tabindex

URLs within ENML must use one of the following protocols: http, https, file

Other potentially dangerous protocols (e.g. javascript, vbscript, etc.) are disallowed, and documents using these protocols will be rejected by the service.

CSS must be stripped from note contents. This includes removing all <style> elements, attributes, etc. The ENML DTD prohibits all CSS-related elements.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Conboy as an Evernote "client" would realy, really cool !
The built-in "Notes" app doesn't even have a "share" option...

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I have never understood the purpose of evernote until one of you above explained it here, even though I have it on my PC. When someone showed the list of n900 apps avaible from ovi store i saw the evernote icon.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by naabi View Post
API documentation says it has limited support for XHTML:

[I]Before submitting HTML content over the EDAM API the client application is expected to follow the following steps:

1.Convert the document into valid XML
2.Discard all tags that are not accepted by the ENML DTD
3.Convert tags to the proper ENML equivalent (e.g. BODY becomes EN-NOTE)
4.Validate against the ENML DTD
5.Validate href and src values to be valid URLs and protocols
[...]
This is very good information. Thanks a lot naabi. Basically this means we need to write a Tomboy-XML to ENML converter*. I'm planning to add support for converters to Conboy at some point, then hopefully we can integrate that nicely. It will take some time, though...

* or Tomboy-XML -> XHTML -> ENML