Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
thanks for tha replys ,,
,, but i aint gettin' anything but nokia !
,, the annoying thing in symbian is the one-click-two-click non orginized clicks ,, pain in de *** !!
,, Cherrypie , if they're fixing the codes next firmware
then ima get me a n900
thanks fo' yo help fella's

Peace

If you are not willing to get anything else than Nokia, then I dont think you can expect to find the device thats best for you. I dont really care who makes the phone, as long as its the device that suits me the best. (Which just has happened to be HTC for the last 5 years)

The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchab1e For This Useful Post:
the problem is , all my family has nokia phones , for like 3-4 years
sony ericsson only lasted a year , motorola too
,, now i can't actually trust anything else , i want phones tha'll last long
,, like n900 & X6
,, one last Q :
can we make our own themes for n900 ? , and which prog ?

Peace

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
it is possibly up to U.ser to decides one which device he wants. Get the N900 if you are a geek like us. Else get the X6 if you're just a standard users who want to MMS, Code and normal phone stuff.

:-) One thing there is something called Software Update for N900, therefore things will catch up very soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
lol my N95-1 lasted me over 2years and is still going strong. And repairing cost is cheaper than S.E by far as I can tell. I got my whole Board and flexi cable replaced for 99NZD. The board fried after the Firmware Updates so my Camera stopped working. But now all back to normal. :-)

Camera may be 5Mp but somewhat it is good enough to take pictures and still pretty good after 3years of its released

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
hehe , nokia is tha strongest ,,
and the camera aint bad to ,
i guess i belong to the geek group ..
dont use MMS , whatever anyway
thanks everyone

Peace

Personally I dont use MMS ... so no big deal there for me.

I have preordered the N900 and have an iphone 3G at the moment, my main reasons for choosing the N900 is because of its abilty to kinda multi task and open more than one program at a time, something the iphone is really no good at (yeah I know you can have a program open in the background, but not the same!)

I like many new buyers are keeping fingers crossed the N900 lives up to its expectations. Mind you I seriously doubt it will be an "iphone killer" (... is there an app for that?? ..lol..) The iphone has so many users and a graet little addition called itunes, with a never ending selections of apps/programs etc - something the Nokia lacks. I give Apple one thing, they have marketed the iphone perfectly - simple to use and all the toys you could ever want (and even more if you jailbreak it..) Basically it appeals to the masses, The N900 on the other hand I feel just wont have the same appeal.
Still like many I am looking forward to putting the N900 to the test and "hope" it lives up to all my expectations. In answer to your question, go for the Nokia..

Last edited by jotei66; 2009-11-27 at 23:54. Reason: addition to post

The Following User Says Thank You to jotei66 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by U.ser View Post
the problem is , all my family has nokia phones , for like 3-4 years
sony ericsson only lasted a year , motorola too
,, now i can't actually trust anything else , i want phones tha'll last long
,, like n900 & X6
,, one last Q :
can we make our own themes for n900 ? , and which prog ?

Peace
I was thinking about the exact same decision. I am stupidly brand loyal to Nokia having had: 6200, 6230i, 6300 (original) 6300, 6700, N70, N73, N82, 5800XpressMusic, E65, E51
It's the stupid things that keep me such as the quality of the speakers... ever since the N73 I have found most other phones ringtones not loud enough as I work in a noisy environment (YES I MEAN YOU IPHONE... you're not perrfect like the rest of us). I bought a G1 and a Hero 9both rooted) and loved them but have had to resort to my old E51 as I was missing calls all the time. And I defy anyone to find a better camera than the N82 even though they keep loading more Megapixels (Up to 12MP) onto a tiny sensor so that the pictures seem to get no better.
Bizarrely the dealbreaker betweeen the two for me is that the N900 has a cover on the camera lens and can house an extra 16gb card.
Does this make me mad? Probably.

Also most scaremongering seems to be from idiots used to capacitic screens not getting used to the resistive one straight away. Cretins... I would have as little sympathy for someone using a stylus on a capacitic screen for ages after getting the phone.

If it helps ease your worries then there's enough youtube material to see that the scrolling on the N900 is perfectly good, and also check out the one on Youtube where the N900 is playing a divx hooked up to a 50inch flatscreen and the video is AWESOME.

Also try these LONG demos for a better feel for the device: Demo 1, Demo 2, Demo 3

Sorry to have gone on so long... flame away.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moley For This Useful Post:
jotei66 : thanks for your post , never actually thought of iPhone because i use bluetooth allot , and its a bit complicated (jailbreaking , cydia ,, bla bla)
,, just watching tutorials gaved me a headache

Moley : ur post was really usefull , i used to have that loyalty for sony ericsson in the past , but it seems like it didn't appreciate it
my old k510 ,, lasted 7 month , next w810 , lasted 10 month , next k810 , lasted 9 month , and last now my w595 , was the only 1 who actually completed a year !!
in the meanwhile , my bro had n73 , from the w810 era , until now , and it works like a new peice of art
,, other phones are really weak ! why ? , i really don't know
i'm on nokia's side from now on

thanks everyone !

one more thing ! ,, can i make my own theme for n900 ? and how ?

-----------------------
EDIT : found it here :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...928#post339928

Last edited by U.ser; 2009-11-28 at 00:44.