Notices

Ah maybe I'm not sure what you are trying to do. There are a good handful of us with Google Voice (formerly GrandCentral) accounts. The way we use these to place and receive phone calls (to normal telephone numbers) is using the DialCentral Application (alterative to the Google Voice web interface) to make a call. The way this works is Google needs a phone number or SIP number to call you at (and then connect you). Gizmo5 accounts provide a SIP number.

All you should need for Gizmo5 n the N900 is your User name and acount password. Just leave the rest of the SIP settings at their defaults. The user name you need use if the 1747... number that was assigned to your account.

1747......@proxy01.sipphone.com

And it should sign in without any problem (assuming you have a 'Net connection running.

To make a SIP call, just change the Call Type on the Dial Pain to your SIP account. and dial.

Originally Posted by sljonson View Post
All you should need for Gizmo5 n the N900 is your User name and acount password. Just leave the rest of the SIP settings at their defaults. The user name you need use if the 1747... number that was assigned to your account.

1747......@proxy01.sipphone.com

And it should sign in without any problem (assuming you have a 'Net connection running.

To make a SIP call, just change the Call Type on the Dial Pain to your SIP account. and dial.
its works but i notice when i make a call to someone its drops the calls.

Just to ask the silly question, you do have call out credits on your account? Or are your trying to call anohter SIP number?

well the thing is on my nokia E52 I have gizmo5 I dont buy any call out credit and I call out to any number in the united states.

Update

it works now.

Last edited by kenroy112; 2009-12-02 at 07:36.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Google Voice is free for Gizmo users

or vice versa

They are one and the same now. Google bought Gizmo5 last month.

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/...es-gizmo5.html

not totally true. only GV does full call forwarding, one ring/multi lines, and transcripted voicemail for free

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago
Does using this method allow "free" incoming/outgoing calls via Google voice/Gizmo5? Would I have to buy any credits?