Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I think there is an image to restore the mass memory as well on the same page as the firmware, though I've never tried it.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Shouldn't you be able to plug it into the PC and then run a repair/scan on the drive via the PC?

That is the one good thing about mass storage, the PC has full access so can do lower level things like fix filesystem errors.

Also is fsck.vfat installed on the N900? That would be an even better way to rectify the problem (needing a PC is never a cool way to fix problems), although you would need to know also how to unmount the partition before doing that.

It should take someone approximately 30 seconds to write a script to do all that for you, if the right tools are available on the N900.
If the n900 hasn't changed much fom the older tablets then you should be able to use fsck and format from terminal provided you unmount them. You should also be able to format external cards from file manager. But, you probably can't format the default storage space in file manager.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
and also if its not changed much, even if the FS is fully working, it may still be tagged as read only in gconf, and needs to have that setting removed before it will allow any actions taken.

Does anyone have a link to a image that restores the 32gb storage as it was from the factory? Or if someone would like to backup theirs and post it on the web for me?

I have tried some searches, but it seems like im the only one who needs this (could be that i havent found the right search words though..)

Thx guys!

same as the firmware. qcan't give a link since you have to enter an IMEI. Its all in the Flasher wiki. Same page as the firmware. zthink its called eMMC or something similar

Oh. okey =)
I didnt know what that was for
But if i use that, then i will have to install everything once again?

Btw. I noticed it said in the guide that i should firmware flash the device after the eMMC flash. Do i really have to do the firmwareflash all over again?

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Kevven; 2009-12-06 at 20:09.

Trust the wiki over some user everytime, even though wikis can have errors...

Your probably right!
I will flash with the eMMC and do a firmware flash after that!
Thx so far man!