Notices

For me it was making youtube and any other video site stutter. Sometimes everything was unwatchable.

Originally Posted by bastler View Post
uhm.... according to flickr your picture is marked private, so we can't see it...
Whoops. I posted it via the sharing service on the N900. Fixed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
installed but can't figure out how to restart it after the instal when it says... i click restart but then it hangs...

Originally Posted by cheeze[it] View Post
installed but can't figure out how to restart it after the instal when it says... i click restart but then it hangs...
I ended up just rebooting the phone. Try closing all of the browser windows before you try rebooting it though, it might be as simple as that.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I was able to get it working by following the instructions found here: http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/

several reboots were required since I wasn't sure how to restart the browser daemon without restarting the device itself. Also note that I had to uninstall the copy of ABP that I had previously installed via the application manager. The directions to install it via the browser are included.

here is a pic showing it installed:
Weird... mine shows enabled in about:config, I manually copied the ini from my PC (using the same old version of ABP) and still shows nothing for me on that screen...

Unable to get adblockplus working...have tried altering about:config, restarting browser/phone multiple times, and re-installing adblock plus multiple times.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Check the prefs.js too.

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
Unable to get adblockplus working...have tried altering about:config, restarting browser/phone multiple times, and re-installing adblock plus multiple times.
First uninstall any previous installations of ABP. Then follow the directions here: http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to get adblock plus to work, and I was following the tutorial linked fron this thread until I couldn't get the browser to restart. I tried restarting the phone but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Midget010 View Post
I'm trying to get adblock plus to work, and I was following the tutorial linked fron this thread until I couldn't get the browser to restart. I tried restarting the phone but to no avail. Can anyone help?
Same problem here. Can't get to preferences because it says adb won't work before you restart the microb. I've tried the restart button, manually restarted the browser and even the phone but it always says the same.

Tags
adblock plus, add-on, browser add-on, browsing, enhancement, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in