Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
ok, might be some'n to do with me havin windows 7 64-bit

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by nirave View Post
As above, ovi map 1.0 for maemo is new.

Simply put? With a little time & patience Ovi Maps 1.0 for Maemo will catch up. Simple as.
Wait guys new things are coming.. Be patient

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Is that for certain or rumours?

I dont mind waiting so much if things are definitely going to improve, but I see no evidence that Nokia are going to make maps on N900 comparable to Symbian.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Is that for certain or rumours?
It's my thoughts. Be sure that nokia won't let us.

Im not a nokia fan boy.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ppriyank View Post
EDIT: here are the links...
http://handphone-solution.blogspot.c...0-without.html (got it from the link below, talks about downloadin ovi maps 3.0, but not sure if it would work with n900, it might just be for symbian phones).

http://discussions.nokiausa.com/disc...age.uid=577739 (i thought they were talkin about maps 3.0, but it looks like its still 1.0, so my bad for that)
What they were discussing there was getting the maps onto the device. Ovi Maps 1.0 on N900 uses the same map data as Ovi Maps 3.0 for S60.

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
What they were discussing there was getting the maps onto the device. Ovi Maps 1.0 on N900 uses the same map data as Ovi Maps 3.0 for S60.
so if i can figure out a way to get the maips 3.0 on n900, it should work right? i mean i'll have updated maps to use on the n900?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
The updated map data, yes. No additional functions as the software is still the same (Ovi Maps 1.0 for Maemo).

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
The updated map data, yes. No additional functions as the software is still the same (Ovi Maps 1.0 for Maemo).
Yea that's what i'm going for, updated map data. but still can't get this dam thing to work (gettin 3.0 on n900)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Has anybody managed to get the map loader working (downloading additional regional maps and voices)?
Map Loader says the maps application is not open when I connect through PC Suite mode and does not download the maps onto my phone when I connect through mass storage mode.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
Originally Posted by sgleo87 View Post
Has anybody managed to get the map loader working (downloading additional regional maps and voices)?
Map Loader says the maps application is not open when I connect through PC Suite mode and does not download the maps onto my phone when I connect through mass storage mode.
I have loaded additional maps, but without using the map loader.
Went to this link(also given in the post)
http://handphone-solution.blogspot.c...0-without.html

1. Downloaded a map of New York from the link on the page.
2. Unzipped the map file, which contained these folders.

3. Connected the n900 in mass storage mode.
4. Opened the folder Cities\diskcache, which contained folders like these

5. Copy pasted the downloaded files(the unzipped NY map files to the above folder on the n900)
6. Windows popped up a message saying these folders exist, etc etc. Just selected replace with the new items I'm copying.
7. Disconnected the phone, opened up Ovi Maps and the maps were there.

Disclaimer: I have no clue if this is the correct way to do it. But it worked for me

BTW the website has better instructions than I gave here.

Edit: I'm running Vista 64, so had to use this method because the map loader didn't work with either the PC suite mode or the mass storage mode.

Last edited by un-named_user; 2009-12-15 at 08:25. Reason: added text

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:

Tags
ovi maps