Active Topics

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
well my problem is, the moment you delete the file. it will still show on the mediaplayer. kinda sucks.... refreshing the tracker doesnt help. delete it manually, but the moment you close the media player and open it again it will still show up
When you say "refreshing the tracker", do you mean deleting its database and letting it rediscover everything?

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Ok, here's a question for N900 owners...if you have a folder with random mp3/wav files, is this going to show up in media player? I only want folders containing music or playlists to show up. (concerning the audio section) I have all my mp3s divided into 6 genres, and dont want some genre saying "unknown" or something to show up.
The tracker can be and is configured to ignore certain folders. Otherwise, it ignores anything not there at boot time. For example, "unsupported partition types".

If you make your own playlists and never go into the automatic playlists, you won't have to look at unwanted titles. Why would you put an mp3 on the n900 if you aren't going to listen to it?

Originally Posted by jkq View Post
When you say "refreshing the tracker", do you mean deleting its database and letting it rediscover everything?

-jkq
there is a thread that got this command to refresh the tracker... i forgot the command and the title of the thread coz it dont work for me....

i got this annoying untitled cover art on my media player.... and there are the names of the files i already delete. i cannot get rid of them

there is a thread that got this command to refresh the tracker... i forgot the command and the title of the thread coz it dont work for me....

i got this annoying untitled cover art on my media player.... and there are the names of the files i already delete. i cannot get rid of them
Have you tried running "tracker-processes -r" in the terminal (as user, not root)?

-jkq

Last edited by jkq; 2009-12-23 at 16:36. Reason: wrong program name

Have you tried running "tracker-process -r" in the terminal (as user, not root)?

-jkq
yeah.... thats it! thats what i used... nothing happens. i even try rebooting after the command.

yeah.... thats it! thats what i used... nothing happens. i even try rebooting after the command.
Hmm. So, to make sure I'm understanding your issue correctly -- you deleted a song, and it's still showing in the media player? Or are you talking about album art?

-jkq

is a file....(actually its an ogg file) all my songs are on ogg format. the forst time i got my n900 i put some songs on it and installed the ogg support. but im not having album art. ask the community and someone answered me that album art is not supported on ogg files. so i erased the ogg files on my device and put mp3 insted so i got the album arts.
thats where the problem strts... all the ogg files i deleted still showing on my device.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
It does work in a standalone file, but there are some rules that need to be followed. See http://live.gnome.org/MediaArtStorag...ding_media_art for the details.

One method (which I am currently using) is to name the cover art "cover.png" (replace png with the proper file extension if you are not using PNGs) and leave it in the directory with the music. The only downside that I have seen is that the art shows up in the image viewer (aka "Photos").

Note that if the music has already been indexed by the N900's tracker, you probably need to move the directory to somewhere that tracker does not index (I believe the "tmp" directory should work), then move it back. You may also need to erase the tracker database before moving it back (type "tracker-process -r" from the terminal).

-jkq

PS. My apologies if this has already been posted and/or documented -- I keep seeing posts saying to embed the art inside the MP3s, and it's driving me nuts!
You should add this in the wiki!

adding albumart on mp3's is easy using mp3tag.
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

it embed the album art on the file itself. This is what i used to organize my mp3 files....
I think what we need is an album art for the ogg files...

is a file....(actually its an ogg file) all my songs are on ogg format. the forst time i got my n900 i put some songs on it and installed the ogg support. but im not having album art. ask the community and someone answered me that album art is not supported on ogg files. so i erased the ogg files on my device and put mp3 insted so i got the album arts.
thats where the problem strts... all the ogg files i deleted still showing on my device.
Hmm. You're sure they were deleted? Can you confirm it with a file manager or the terminal?

At least with MP3s, once I moved them to somewhere tracker doesn't index, they disappeared from the media player's lists.

-jkq

The Following User Says Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post: