Active Topics

i can only say the same. I am in the community just for a month and I havde more fun discovering maemo community that almost everything else. Long life maemo!!! Thanks community!!!!

I love the phone, it has done everything I've asked of it and more (first getting it and seeing my PC pop up in my media player with no tinkering from me felt great) and the forums have been very useful.

At the moment it seems like the forums are full of people who have just got the phone and realise that it's not what they thought it was going to be which was a fully fledged Iphone/Android rival right out of the box with all the apps to match.

I upgraded to the N900 from the N95 knowing it was an investment for the future. Several months from now when we have an Ovi store and the community has settled and all the impulse buyers have moved on to their next phone and forum I'm sure the community and the phone will be fantastic.

I'm really happy with so many linux apps being ported to n900's maemo, accessible through the application manager's catalogues.
oh btw, the recent maemo.org theme there is pretty cool!

I'd just like to second the thanks
it's really awsome that n900 users don't have to go anywhere else for all their needs. looking at symbian, android, WM and all the other ****, they have to do a pretty big search around the whole web to find what they want, but not here
I guess it also shows the people (and I mean people, no corp. kiss butts) who are the ones truely behind maemo 5 development
thanks guys

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Yeah Ive gone through alot of phones before the n900. (iphones,blackberrys,htc) but this is the first phone that impressed me when i first turned it on until now. And the community itself is an asset. Most people on it are helpful and can usually direct you to the solution to your problem. I just think that people should cut others a break. A little less snippiness goes a long way. By the way, anybody know where i can get one of those N900 PUSH shirts?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
The reason i got the phone is not only that it runs on debian based linux.. it's also cause of the community. As i am comming from the Ubuntu crowd (am using Ubuntu on my desktop). I know how important a good community can be. Nokia was smart to go linux with their OS. Think how much money they have saved doing so. I hope the community will survive the RPM/Intel merge.

Just wanted to say you guys are awesome!