Bec, put the <Exclude> after the </Include>.

This works but then the widget doesn't do anything(didn't notice it before), I think that the widgets are connected to the menu items, and you have to have them on the menu for them to work. So my workaround is useless

Last edited by jayford; 2010-01-12 at 21:42.

Originally Posted by jayford View Post
Bec, put the <Exclude> after the </Include>.

This works but then the widget doesn't do anything(didn't notice it before), I think that the widgets are connected to the menu items, and you have to have them on the menu for them to work. So my workaround is useless
So we;re back to square one, just like with "NoDisplay=true"

As a different approach I found the shortcuts in /apps/osso/hildon-home/task-shortcuts via gconf.

I tried renaming my duplicate shortcuts to the original name, hoping the desktop icons would would change their target to that...
Obviously I wasn't renaming the right thing.

Please take a loon in /apps, maybe you'll figure out more than I did.

Also, there's a bug we might exploit: one of the previous icons of transmission (maybe current to) was always loosing it's icon after reboot. If the shortcut was removed, it wasn't available anymore in desktop manager.
However the menu icon was never affected.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
why don't you just press the power button and then phone?

nice and easy and can do this from anywhere

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imation_nz View Post
why don't you just press the power button and then phone?

nice and easy and can do this from anywhere
Because it's one touch versus multiple ones and it's not only the phone but messaging and contacs aswell.

If call bothers you just ignore it from the topic title. having the same icon on multiple desktops can be very useful.

Please post on topic or don't post at all.

Thank you!

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Bec View Post

Thank you!
He asked a valid question, you owe him an answer. However, sneering about the validity of that question resolves nothing (and he was absolutely on topic).

Don't chase those who try to help you.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Because it's one touch versus multiple ones and it's not only the phone but messaging and contacs aswell.

If call bothers you just ignore it from the topic title. having the same icon on multiple desktops can be very useful.

Thank you!
power button and press phone is 2 clicks and can do with 1 hand so much easyier

well topic is How to duplicate the call shortcut across all desktops . maybe you should pick topic better like "How to duplicate shortcuts on desktop"

hmmmmm me thinks i was on topic . maybe you should get back on topic and keep you quotes to yourself!

and anyway i can post anywhere i want this is a public forum!

anyway life goes on go. have your coffee and chill! dude

Last edited by imation_nz; 2010-01-13 at 10:51. Reason: point

having the same icon on multiple desktops can be very usefull
Added to that a good UI allows the most common actions to be made with as few "clicks" as possible.

Accessing the phone conversations or contacts currently supposes two clicks or a lot of swiping across the desktops.

I'd very much like to keep this thread technical.

Thanks

Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
He asked a valid question, you owe him an answer. However, sneering about the validity of that question resolves nothing (and he was absolutely on topic).

Don't chase those who try to help you.

Thank you.
He did not ask a valid question, and he did not try to help. The thread is about how to improve the device in some way. The "valid question" was actualy paraphrasing of a reply that we see in almost any such thread: "you can't improve it, it's perfect."

I think it is fair to ask the people who think this device is perfect to stay out of improvement threads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
blah blah blah off topic again i see get over it dude change the topic to be easyier for people to understand

and this is a place for everyone to talk!

if you keep moaning about it you will never be on topic

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
sorry i didn't see this before.. I see you have a brainstorm running though