Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
The PR1.2 update should've fixed this...but it hasn't for the old messages! Does anyone have this problem?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
I'm going to report it as a bug in the meantime anyway....

Originally Posted by piascyk View Post
but the icon with the number of texts stays on the widget
I have the same problem that sometimes the phone is reminding me about (e.g. today) 5 new messages (left above in the status area) but I don't even use N900 as a phone I have only the data SIM card just for internet connection via 3G. So I can receive SMS only from the support center of mobile provider etc. (by now I have 1 SMS).

I didn't get any new mails via synchronisation, so the only thing could be some notifications from Skype or perhaps Facebook but which and where can I see them?

If I click in the status area I don't see them, if I click into my E-Mail I also don't see them and if I go to my conversation there is also nothing new, so which are this 5 messages?

Restart solves the problem.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bensmith808 View Post
The PR1.2 update should've fixed this...but it hasn't for the old messages! Does anyone have this problem?
Has anybody else also had this problem?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
im having this problem right now, but only with messages, mine duplicates the messages, and dont show some conversations

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Originally Posted by KaiStone View Post
Hello everyone,

First, I apologize because of my bad English. If I have any mistakes, please forgive, thank you.

My problem is, I always have a new message in my inbox, but it doesn't appear. When I receive a new sms (only 1 sms), the number of new sms displayed is (2). And after read that sms, the new sms icon still exists, and the text is still blue...

If I receive sms from multi people, all sms text is blue with "new sms icon" although I read all them already.

LOL... may be strange but now, I don't know what is my new sms that I have just received... If anyone know the way to resolve this problem, please tell me what to do.

Thank you.
Peut-être que t'es français !

Originally Posted by KaiStone View Post
Flash the Device again will not resolve this problem. But I found one way, and you can try. Tested.

Very simple, open X-Terminal and run this command
" rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db

If Root Permission required, install Rootsh and run this
" rootsh rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db

Or
" sudo gainroot rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db

Good luck.
Thats now work fine for me but for me, I had to remove this database file: rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db

It's not the first time I've this bug but I think the problem is the database size on a FAT32 file system.

If you don't want to lose your messages and call history, you have to save your phone sometimes.

Pas mal mon anglais pour un français !

The Following User Says Thank You to judibet For This Useful Post: