Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by amarjyoti View Post
It has a wonderful VOIP integration, skype integration and so on. This is how all other phones would be in the future. With dialcentral google voice is totally integrated. Only thing missing maybe is the video calls... which will come sometime soon for sure (the hardware is already there).
You had mentioned a lot of advanced features... but how about some more basic phone features that can be found in many dumbphones?

No MMS, only 2 profile settings, no customized ringtone per contact, no contact grouping, no voice dialing, cannot dial numbers beginning with *# (some operators need that to activate some basic functions like call forwarding, check balance and etc)...
I don't think it's a good phone without basic functions covered.
But it's the best portable gadget I have so far.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
But I would like to video chat from my N900 to my N810; is that too much to ask? Apparently so. I shouldn't need to talk to myself very often, but misunderstandings arise...

[QUOTE=amarjyoti;496893]Hi!
Just my views. First, I love my N900... It is the best phone I have had till date.

I keep wondering why everybody says it is a good tablet with phone functionality. I think that is not true.

You cannot ask for more from a phone. Infact it is the best phone in the market today.
[ /quote]
Yes, it's a good "basic" phone, but I really miss some features of my old N70, basically during the weekend I used to switch to "only friend and family" profille to not be disturbed by work calls.
I'd like to customize ringtones per group or contacts too.

Hoping in the next sw update

Niko

pretty happy with the phone side of things only thing iam really missing is groups

very handy to have some groups stored for contacts

also need a decent sat nav package but thats a different story

pretty happy n900 users here

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
pretty happy with the N900. Phone features feel tacked on, like it was an afterthought. "hmm, it does everything else and we're supporting built in 3g data, might as well let it make voice calls too. Someone write a quick phone app..."

Very disappointed with the phone aspect for the reasons mcdull mentioned. May not have minded if I had never used a Nokia phone but these are things that have been present on Nokia phones for like 10 years and for such things to be missing here are pretty shocking.