Active Topics

does anyone else find that there is a very slight overhang of the top half of the phone over the bottom layer keyboard. so that when you feel the n900 when its shut there is a slight overhang on the bottom side. i went out the other night and fell over and was wondering whether it was me who did this or whether they are all like this, the one in my local retailer had this overhang also. just wondering if yours are like this?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
my only concern is the squeaking black metal rim that surrounds the touchscreen. but its still good though. i just dont mind it for now

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jakecarberry View Post
does anyone else find that there is a very slight overhang of the top half of the phone over the bottom layer keyboard. so that when you feel the n900 when its shut there is a slight overhang on the bottom side. i went out the other night and fell over and was wondering whether it was me who did this or whether they are all like this, the one in my local retailer had this overhang also. just wondering if yours are like this?
My N900 has this feature also, but my friends N900 doesn't.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
I just noticed that the bottom bar of the keyboard overlay on mine is snapped below the n key! How the frack did that happen?

Ive had mine since december and its fine. I think all these posts about wear and tear, design flaws etc etc are just folk who have been using the n900 roughly, have maybe dropped it, using greasy fingers and so on!
I take good extra care of all my things, I haven't come accross any of these sort of issues so far.

If I am wrong in what I said then please do correct me as all I keep seeing are these posts about folk complaining or reporting of such things.

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
mine has recently started to have touch screen issues ,if left for a few hours without use the touch screen stops responding ,it will alow me to scroll left to right and use the top left menu button but thats it i have to constantly reboot the phone to get it to work correctly

I've the lower right keyboard bezel slightly affected by the sliding screen. They're not scratches, the matt finish just got polished to a glossy finish.

I've also got some keyboard keys that have started to lose finish.

I've had these exact same features on my n95, so im pretty sure its due to my individual usage antics. I slide more with my right, and my fingers have nail until th edge - so however i press i have to use my nails.
And yes i do cut my nails =)