As a media player i have been loving the Zune HD and it's UI(that UI type with black and white looks great on the Zune HDs AMOLED screen and it's fast).
WM got nice UI in their hands and i'm sure there is market for media player + phone type of product like there was for the original Iphone that was just that.

Thought they are starting from very very start. They got catching to do compared to any new generation OS out there and actually small market base to start with.

Windows Phone 7 + Nvidia Tegra = mmmmmmm

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I love the design language of the WP7 UI, but have questions. Where's the task management, notifications, and app launcher? These are what make a device, and evidently its not ready yet. But Microsoft has many partners, easy integration with Windows, and money, so apps will come.

This hurts RIM in the high end, but nothing to S^3/4 because of the high end hardware requirements. So its a pretty MeeGo alternative without the open benefits, just the high costs. I liked WinMo back in the day, and am rooting for them. Good UI, imo...

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Zune Integration is the key for me. Xbox integration is enticing. The developer experience is going to be amazing.

There's nothing not to like about WP7 as far as I can tell. Sure there's a lot left to be announced, but I think it'll all be icing on the cake.

If only I could get WP7 on my n900...

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Windows 7 series has nothing innovative...

No multitasking
No flash

What a waste.
I thought it did have multi-tasking? o.O

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
the ui us neat but yet it's slow as hell. i din't want a phone which only good to show off how beautiful your desktop graphic is, i want a phone that does the job quickly when i clicked in something. I DON'T LIKE flashy user interface but took 5 seconds of wait just to watch the nice UI rotating and spinning in my face every time i want to do something.

Even maemo5 has better response time comparing to that winMO7.

While the WM 7 ui appears much more streamlined than the previous versions (why all the scrollbars?), I find the text hanging off the screen odd.

Windows Mobile 7 removed multitasking.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
the words leading off the page are an indicator that the page can be scrolled further. Pretty wise idea, imo.

I'm not sure about multitasking, but they have all those cloud resources. Maybe their doing the silly PUSH thing like Apple

yeah lets wait until its appear. 1Ghz and good battery that can last for 1 day will definitely buy me another phone until then, I will keep my N900 .