Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by slender View Post
After enabling it go to settings->labels And you see new checkbox besides labels(folders?)
Thanks, I think i saw them there, just didnt pay atention. Will do that and see if it works.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by colouny View Post
Thanks, I think i saw them there, just didnt pay atention. Will do that and see if it works.
I had to delete and create my account again on N900 before those folders vanished from modest(default email client app on N900)

Originally Posted by slender View Post
I had to delete and create my account again on N900 before those folders vanished from modest(default email client app on N900)
Done, well see how it goes when spam arrives. Thanks

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
You can use MfEfolders only if you're using Mail for Exchange, not IMAP. But Nokia's MfE is not comaptible with with GMail yet.
Ah, and IMAP is not syncing the SENT folder, that may be an issue for you.

You can take a look at Nokia Messaging which is free, supports both GMail and push, and you can also select which folders to sync.
According to Nokia.com , Nokia messaging is already installed in the N900, which does not support chossing specific folders to sync as we already know this. O maybe i am missing something?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Washington, DC
Many confusing answers and tangents...

Mail for Exchange:
-Does not _officially_ support GMail, but it may work for you (it works for me for e-mail and calendar sync), look for instructions on how to configure MfE with GMail's setup.
-The folder retrieval list can be modified with MfEFolders, this works pretty well, no Spam folder for me.

Originally Posted by colouny View Post
According to Nokia.com , Nokia messaging is already installed in the N900, which does not support chossing specific folders to sync as we already know this. O maybe i am missing something?
The client is installed, but you still have to go to email.nokia.com, create a nokia messaging account, set up your mail accounts, select folders to be synced (inbox + up to 10 other folders to be synched), etc... and only after this can you login on the N900.
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
The client is installed, but you still have to go to email.nokia.com, create a nokia messaging account, set up your mail accounts, select folders to be synced (inbox + up to 10 other folders to be synched), etc... and only after this can you login on the N900.
Doing that right now... Thanks

The trich with gmail labs, doesnt work, the damn spam has just been synced. Still trying other methods.
Another problem is that i cant find how to install python on my device. Still want to try the "MFEfolders"

Your mobile phone already has the latest Nokia Messaging software installed. To setup Nokia Messaging directly from your phone, go to Menu > Email > New > Follow on screen instructions.

This is what i get from email.nokia.com when i try to sign up.

Foud out how to sign up to nokia messaging, everything is ok now.

Thanks for your help, really apreciate that.