Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
I send blank texts to my girlfriend alot lol. I live in an area of bad signal ,and sometimes my network drops out for a while , and when i get signal again , I send her a blank text just to get her ones through to my phone. With the N900 I just put a smiley in now , and she knows what it means!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
You can send a space just fine and nobody can tell.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Not that I ever send blank text messages, but having the option to be able to send blank text messages would make it a lot faster than having to press space.

It's these little things that Maemo 5 is lacking. They're stuff you'll probably NEVER EVER need, but it would just be nice that in settings you'd have these options to enable/disable these little things.

The option to tweak use, that's the biggest thing lacking imo.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
I send blank texts to my girlfriend alot lol. I live in an area of bad signal ,and sometimes my network drops out for a while , and when i get signal again , I send her a blank text just to get her ones through to my phone. With the N900 I just put a smiley in now , and she knows what it means!
What network are you on?

I am on 3, andI don't have to do this. The SMS messages come through automatically after a short period of reconnection. Have you tried any specific tests to see how long it will take for message to propagate without your blank texts? I ask, because it seems a bit like a rain dance to me--dance long enough, and it will rain. :-)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
What network are you on?

I am on 3, andI don't have to do this. The SMS messages come through automatically after a short period of reconnection. Have you tried any specific tests to see how long it will take for message to propagate without your blank texts? I ask, because it seems a bit like a rain dance to me--dance long enough, and it will rain. :-)
I am on vodafone , and no I haven't tried any specific tests but I can drop out of signal and then about half an hour after regaining a good solid signal in another part of the house , the messages come through. How ever if I am in the middle of a pacey texting sesh, then as soon as i get even a tiny bit of reception , i send of a blank text and the others come through immediately after i have sent it.