kind of off topic, but I have an e72(mostly for work) as well as n900(mostly for play) and one night my wife was being totally irrational and raving mad so I started to record it on the e72, she snatched it and threw it into the wall at probably at least 30-40mph(quite hard).

Still works!

The case is a little loose now and the battery will sometimes lose contact and vibration doesn't work any more, but hey, it works

Can't imagine what would happen to her iphone if I threw it

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I have dropped mine for +10 times. Or my one year old son has. He likes to put it on his ear (shoulder) and say "aaooo" . I only have tiny scratches on chrome trim and memory card slot makes rattling noise. Few first times it fell down my heart jumped, but I have learned that N900 can handle falling down easily. So don't worry guys =)

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
kind of off topic, but I have an e72(mostly for work) as well as n900(mostly for play) and one night my wife was being totally irrational and raving mad so I started to record it on the e72, she snatched it and threw it into the wall at probably at least 30-40mph(quite hard).

Still works!

The case is a little loose now and the battery will sometimes lose contact and vibration doesn't work any more, but hey, it works

Can't imagine what would happen to her iphone if I threw it
Could we see the video

Originally Posted by Larza View Post
Could we see the video
Hah! it was just audio actually, but I deleted it after I made her listen to it the next day.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by xman View Post
HEHE, I would suggest one of those REALLY thick rubber cases or a pelican case..lol Seriously.
x
I did that myself and I feel like it's very protected. I need this because I use it at the gym and move it around too much. The downside is that it looks fatter and rough with it but that's something I rarely care about - heck I still haven't applied any themes or "cool" layouts.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Yeah, my n900 has only be dropped on my face..lol, when I'm reading laying down. I use the sfbag sleeve and phantom/zagg combo to make me feel okay. But of course this wont protect it from a drop, but I keep it in my hand or my pocket so I feel pretty safe so far.

The cool thing is how replaceable the parts are on the thing. Give hope to long life, hopefully.

x

Last edited by xman; 2010-03-05 at 16:03.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
TLC = Tender Loving and Care! We need that foe a 600 buck device!

How's your micro USB port and screen slider doing after 10 solid contact with concrete? rofl

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Savonlinna
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Yeah, my n900 has only be dropped on my face..lol, when I'm reading laying down.
LoL, same happened to me, i have also throwed it to my face, don't ask how... i have dropped it from 1 meter like 3 times and once at 1½meter... still works

i have good insurance, i don't have to care about my baby that much i will get new for free if i break it..

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney Australia
Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post
lol, im very careful but i dont know when it slip down T.T but i can tell u something, the good quality of all products by nokia is no doubt, by this time another phone it would be broken and uselees
Our factory manager used to run one of the Nokia factories in china. He tells us that they have machines simialr to a front loading washing machine that they put a pile of phones in and leave them to turn over and over then inspect to see what typically gets damaged and fixappropriatly.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by Jetz View Post
LoL, same happened to me, i have also throwed it to my face, don't ask how... i have dropped it from 1 meter like 3 times and once at 1½meter... still works

i have good insurance, i don't have to care about my baby that much i will get new for free if i break it..
Heh, it all fun and games till someone pokes their eyes out ...

No insurance here, so will have to baby this baby.

x