Active Topics

Notices

get the same error at startup:
Failed to open or create database:
file is encrypted or is not a database
poi.db exists but is empty...

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Warsaw, Poland
Please, remove this database, because db version is not compatibile (v2 for mm <= 1.3.5 and v3 for 1.4).

OR

convert database:

sqlite poi.db .dump | sqlite3 poi3.db

(you must have installed both version - sqlite (v2) and sqlite3 (v3)

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
where is the CHANGELOG?

the file is empty....
no change in removing this file...
error still remains ;(

so how does one remove the database, remove install the program again or is there a way just to remove that datatbase

I removed all completly..
makes no effect...

Last edited by arnix; 2007-02-13 at 20:28.

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
In maemo-mapper settings on the poi tab there is a poi daabase path. make a note and exit mapper. Use either file manager ( or xterm ) to move or delete. Restart mapper and all should be fine.

Originally Posted by arnix View Post
I removed all completly..
makes no effect...

i removed the poi file and the next time i restarted the app the error msg was gone and a new poi file was created

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
I'm getting the hildon error too. I'm on 2.2006.39-14. Do I need to upgrade firmware?

The Changelog is in the same place as all the others: on the Maemo Mapper Files page (click a version number to see release notes and the changelog for that particular version).

If you are getting a dependency error, then you will have to upgrade to the most recent official firmware (3.2006.49-2, aka maemo 2.2, aka gregale). This is NOT the OS2007-on-770 firmware, so you don't have to worry about it breaking your 770. I hate to force you guys into update, but it is necessary in order to properly support both the 770 and the N800 platforms. I should probably remove those debs from the mistral and scirocco repostitories, though - woops, my bad.

If you are getting the "encrypted or is not a database" error, please delete the "poi.db" file and restart Maemo Mapper (at which point Maemo Mapper will create a new poi.db). If you haven't changed the defaults, then the file should be located in the Documents directory. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you want to keep your old POIs, you will have to convert the poi.db file as instructed above.