Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by elphoenix24 View Post
now i have 2 icons... one in the main profile which sets to car profile... and another in main profile that sets to car profile... work perfect... GREAT!!!
Sounds to me like being two times the same?
Another question: did you add .desktop files or realize it via DCE?

It's not the same... I made 2 icons (.desktop file)... one with the command ./activity change car... and the other with the command ./activity change main...

So when I'm in main i change to car... and when i'm in car... i change to main...

What is DCE?

hehe... i've read my previous post again... you're right... i write twice the same... i meant...

one in the main profile which sets to car profile... and another in car profile that sets to main profile

The Following User Says Thank You to elphoenix24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elphoenix24 View Post
It's not the same... I made 2 icons (.desktop file)... one with the command ./activity change car... and the other with the command ./activity change main...

So when I'm in main i change to car... and when i'm in car... i change to main...

What is DCE?
Desktop Command Execution Widget; it was mentioned before but it has disadvantage that it gets executed at least at every bootup. Not so good for switching profiles or desktops automatically.

sounds great, I'll try it when I have time!

There's just one problem... it works great just if the profiles have the same number of desktops...so... if you for example have one profile with 4 desktops and another with just one desktop, when you switch from the first one to the second and back to the first... all your widgets will be put together in one desktop leaving the other three blank.

Is there a way to solve that? Maybe making the bash script to set the number of desktops before setting the widgets? I'm not an expert at this so... i don't know if it is possible to fix this.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
needs a GUI, but GREAT idea

when i type activity store main i get -
Saving to: main
Saving ......cp: cannot stat '/root/.config/hildon-desktop/home.plugins': No such file or directory.

question is does this matter or can i just ignore this error

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
i really want this app but i dont have a clue how to deal with scripts .... would love a car profile that has media player maps contacts etc only on one screen

Originally Posted by mobileuser View Post
when i type activity store main i get -
Saving to: main
Saving ......cp: cannot stat '/root/.config/hildon-desktop/home.plugins': No such file or directory.

question is does this matter or can i just ignore this error
Shouldn't it be run as user and not as root?