Active Topics

This lens_cover_opened could be one event which is hooked by shortcutd, and have its own configure-file in ~/.shortcutd.d/
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9646
So, lens_cover_opened.cfg would have at least two menu items, for "run Camera" and for "run Flashlight".

And if it would be possible to start camera somehow straight in video-mode, although last time we were in camera-mode, then also "take Video" button could be useful for user to configure there.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-03-21 at 14:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
The ‘Quicklaunch’ app which is currently available in Extra-testing which you can see in example picture '1' is where I got this idea from.

couldn’t we use the same 'Quicklaunch' app to launch independently when the camera shutter is opened instead of the camera UI. I thought it could look something like picture '2'

Why would that be hard to implement???

edit: i have sent a private message to b0unc3 to see if he can help out. creator of 'quicklaunch' to expand his creation http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=quicklaunch
Attached Images

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-22 at 02:26.

what you guys think?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
I have another proposal on how to improve the behaviour of this subsystem:
  • Open the camera lens: open the camera app
  • Open the camera lens WHILE PRESSING THE SHUTTER: do nothing
  • Let "camera-interested" apps register themselves somewhere in the OS (GConf?). Now when the sliders open, the camera app only starts up when none of these registered apps is running.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

I think, shortcutd is the natural place for these kind of UI-event-triggered user configurable menus.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I have another proposal on how to improve the behaviour of this subsystem:

* Open the camera lens: open the camera app
* Open the camera lens WHILE PRESSING THE SHUTTER: do nothing
* Let "camera-interested" apps register themselves somewhere in the OS (GConf?). Now when the sliders open, the camera app only starts up when none of these registered apps is running.
good idea but not feasible. for example the flash light app is only visible when the camera shutter is opened. and its not very cool :S

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I think, shortcutd is the natural place for these kind of UI-event-triggered user configurable menus.
like the idea i had above wait and see i guess. doesn't seem any developers are interested????
Attached Images

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-03-22 at 09:25.

Hi,

I just read your message, by reading this thread I think this is a nice idea.
A popup menu like the one in your image maybe is impossible to make, but let a dialog (or something similar) appear when you open the shutter will be doable.
I think I can make such a thing but, atm, I'm a little bit busy then I can't say when. I will try to do my best to get things done.

Best Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
thanks wowo

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Well, I'm not sure how to do this but opening the lens cover can be set to open hildon-status-menu.
You can add the camera app to the quick launch, that way, none of the devs have to change anything in their apps, and you wouldn't be adding any extra apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Well, I'm not sure how to do this but opening the lens cover can be set to open hildon-status-menu.
You can add the camera app to the quick launch, that way, none of the devs have to change anything in their apps, and you wouldn't be adding any extra apps.

sounds good