Notices

I dotn want to record my own voice, what I would like to do is maybe use the TomTom female voice, or even use the John Cleese one I have

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
I dotn want to record my own voice, what I would like to do is maybe use the TomTom female voice, or even use the John Cleese one I have
yes, I just was thinking loud ;-)
maybe it would be possible to rerecord the voices with this voice packager..

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-03-19 at 21:28.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
yeah i asked that before i have 12 different celebrity voices.that i would lovr to use need to some how change the format from .VIF

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
yeah i asked that before i have 12 different celebrity voices.that i would lovr to use need to some how change the format from .VIF
You can do it (there's unpackers for TomTom and packers for Sygic) but apparently there's not a match up on sound files between the two (Sygic uses more sounds). Not sure this means in practice though.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
The lag/delay disappeared completely after changing following in settings.ini

PositionFiltering=false (default is true)

The movement of the arrow isn't as smooth but it is definitely more accurate. (accurate to within 5m)

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-03-20 at 22:07.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
good thread just wanted to say thanks appreciated muchly

:-)

Anyone managed to switch keyboard layout in Sygic? In the settings I can select Russian/Greek keyboards, but cannot choose them when I go to typing the address. There is a button seemingly mentioned to switch layouts, but it disabled.

hi
i got it working, but it always go back to the original settings and lose the ones i changed (e.g home location, enable radar etc) any idea why
thanks

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by matar View Post
hi
i got it working, but it always go back to the original settings and lose the ones i changed (e.g home location, enable radar etc) any idea why
thanks
same issue, discussed here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...6&goto=newpost

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I would really like it to start at Portrait orientation. But it always launches as landscape so you have to manually change it to portrait everytime. Is there no way to change this?