Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I know PR 1.2 isn't going to fix what I hate about the N900, Nor will PR 1.3 or 1.4. I am going to have to wait to Meego 6 or whatever it will be called before I get the phone I thought I was buying.
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
How do you know that? Why do you think that there isn't going to be an application to fulfill your needs? Only if the hardware is not good enough then you can be certain.
I'll go to the other direction as the previous reply: how do you know that Maemo 6 is going to open the gates to happyland?

Is there a phone currently on the market that would actually be the phone you would be happy with?

Will there ever be?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
/Devils advocate

People post on these forums because this is the only real place to let off steam about the fact they bought a phone that doesn't do what they wanted. In some cases they paid a lot of money to get what is essentially rubbish to some people (me included) and because the likes of Expansys won't let you put up comments about the phone to warn other buyers and because you can't send it back as technically it isn't broken, merely pants.

And yes I know Nokia doesn't sell it is a phone, in the smallest of small prints on some impossible to find page they say it has GSM support and isn't a phone. However I would be interested to see someone take this to court, afterall under the trade descriptions act, Vodaphone and Expansys sell it as a phone, not an internet tablet.

Allowing people to have their say is part of the process and reading one page of comments isn't enough, merely adding your name to a long list of unhappy names isn't enough because people can see nothing is being done, or at least not enough. Reading posts where a Nokia tech guy says he is one of two people is just laughable. We should be getting posts about Nokia having teams of developers, but we don't. So anger and frustration build.

I know PR 1.2 isn't going to fix what I hate about the N900, Nor will PR 1.3 or 1.4. I am going to have to wait to Meego 6 or whatever it will be called before I get the phone I thought I was buying. Assuing Nokia rethink the MMS issue.

I am glad you are a proud owner, I am not. I actually talked a guy in Argos out of buying one by listing it's faults last week. I felt good being honest to a stranger.

Anyway that is my tuppence.

/Devils advocate
I'm going to keep it simple: Why didn't you do some research before you commited to buying the N900? All the information was provided and was not in small print. and now it is Nokia's fault that you don't have MMS and whatever else it is that you want.

It is tiresome reading posts like this, it just shows how immature some people can be.

travla

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I'm all for intelligent debate about the good and bad points of the n900.

Even if you want to meaningfully compare iPhone/Android/fish to the n900 and hold an intelligent discussion that's fine too.

A couple of people have posted and said they have made a mistake buying the n900 and politely, respectively said "bye" to this community. That's fine too we support your decision and good luck. We all make mistakes.

But when you moan about "the n900 does not chew my food for me", "why my n900 does not scroll as smooth as the iPhone?" (wtf?), "I hate meego", "I'm selling my n900 because it did not give me a big penis"......

One of my favourite troll topics is the 1.2 update.

Why are you in such a hurry to get the update?
It's not like the n900 is unusable before it arrives. I'm quite happy to wait - the n900 is totally useful to me.

The following picture is dedicated to all the trolls who post and start useless threads on this board...
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0eIjHf6RhGw/R-u7jmjBUUI/AAAAAAAAAnE/-yT8GpLDTvI/s400/******5en.jpg[/IMG]

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by travla View Post
I'm going to keep it simple: Why didn't you do some research before you commited to buying the N900? All the information was provided and was not in small print. and now it is Nokia's fault that you don't have MMS and whatever else it is that you want.

It is tiresome reading posts like this, it just shows how immature some people can be.

travla
come on not again! These posts about the market research are tiresome. Did you check if the car you're going to buy has seatbelts?

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I'm all for intelligent debate about the good and bad points of the n900.

But when you moan about "the n900 does not chew my food for me", "why my n900 does not scroll as smooth as the iPhone?" (wtf?), "I hate meego", "I'm selling my n900 because it did not give me a big penis"......

One of my favourite troll topics is the 1.2 update.

Why are you in such a hurry to get the update?
It's not like the n900 is unusable before it arrives. I'm quite happy to wait - the n900 is totally useful to me.

The following picture is dedicated to all the trolls who post and start useless threads on this board...
the picture is utter discrimination and you should be ashamed

the "i hate meego" thread is a thread that led to proper discussion about branding and everyone has the right to dislike a name (or the looks of a phone, or gizmodo) and say it. I saw whining on 3 different threads about the "I hate meego" thread. It's because we tend to defend everything nokia. No one groaned about the "I hate gizmodo thread" (and that is good, from what I've read the site is hateable but that's not my point)
________
Libertinaxxx cam

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:34.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
@johnel....loool, as always you make me laugh

But people might get offended for that picture...

Edit: A new thread was born....."N900 discontinued?"
Now people will be....OMGEEE my N900 is useless now

Edit2: Yet another one..."I have some questions..about the future of my N900!"

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Last edited by Ahmed360; 2010-04-07 at 12:23.

Yes I opened that because I have valid reasons to believe that the phone MAY be discontinued, and I asked if guys here had any more info. It MAY be just the shortage of stock, but it may be not. Some stores still have new N95's, the N82 is still live on official N-series website but you can't find it anywhere.
________
Live sex webshows

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
come on not again! These posts about the market research are tiresome. Did you check if the car you're going to buy has seatbelts?
lmao. Comparing phone features to seatbelts...nice. I never knew my life depended on MMS/Portrait Mode/PR1.2. Maybe you need to get out more.

travla

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?

the picture is utter discrimination and you should be ashamed
If anyone with Down's Syndrome reads this post and takes offence being compared to qwazix then you have my sincere apologies

Originally Posted by travla View Post
lmao. Comparing phone features to seatbelts...nice. I never knew my life depended on MMS/Portrait Mode/PR1.2. Maybe you need to get out more.

travla
it's just a comparison for what you consider standard equipment beyond doubt. Maybe a reclinable seat is a more proper example.

@johnel I don't think I have to respond.
________
ExoticMistress cam

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Like it's been repeatedly said before: those threads wouldn't be as annoying if EVERYONE JUST IGNORES THEM AND LET THOSE THREADS SINK TO OBLIVION.

Exercise some self control, for cryin out loud.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!