Ovi suite for mac please

Ovi suite for Linux (Fedora/Ubuntu/Debian) please.

If applications in OVI are distributed in deb-packages, please embed GPG-signatures of the maker of the package, so signatures won't get lost when people anyway install them by different means skipping apt.

Also everyone currently have "no-debsig" in /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg and there is no debsigs-tools ported to Maemo, so changing those should be the first step. Or distribute software already in RPM-format from Ovi and port rpm-tools to maemo instead of desigs-tools.

Security in Ovi against for example MITM-attacks and Trojan horses should be high priority from the start.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
What I'd like to see in a very near future:
- Support for paid applications on the Ovi Store (the delay is doing a lot of harm to professional development for N900).
- Great paid applications to download (agreements with software vendors are needed) like Goggle apps, commercial games, office applications, etc.

- Ovi Suite for Linux/Mac/Windows (don't you know Qt is multi-platform?).
- Ovi Maps for Maemo 5 paired with Symbian version. Although it has been announced as postponed till Harmattan, a Maemo 5 backport (Qt again?) should be clearly announced.

Thanks for listen our thoughts.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
- Ovi Maps for Maemo 5 paired with Symbian version. Although it has been announced as postponed till Harmattan, a Maemo 5 backport (Qt again?) should be clearly announced.
I asked about Ovi Maps for Maemo on the Ovi Blog and one Nokia employee confirmed that they are working on a version for the N900, just didn't tell any estimated date, but that was expected. Check the comments bellow:

http://blog.ovi.com/2010/04/06/nokia...tion/#comments

EDIT: although this may be good news, I agree it is not a clear announcement... I personally believe that there is lack of communication between Maemo/Meego and Ovi Services/Maps team within Nokia, unless they have some better planning focusing on Meego that we don't know, but I doubt it.

Last edited by russo_br; 2010-04-15 at 15:12. Reason: Comment about the announcement itself

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Ask them when will they get the OVI store out of beta? is it going to be anytime soon or is it going to be with the MeeGo release? Basically are they aiming for MeeGo?

Where are the "new" games that they demoed a while back (the rollercoaster.. etc). When will there be more paid apps on there.. Questions like this...

Where is the goddamn paid app support for the Ovi Store? It is putting off investors/developers.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Ovi suite for mac please
Nokia confirmed that there will be Ovi Suite for Mac on its Discussion Forums or blog.ovi.com, I don't remember very well.... It may took some time but at least they seem willing to do it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
1.What is the problem?
2.How many ppl working with the store?
3.what are they doing?

Ovi sync, I really miss it from N8X and N9X times.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Ovi for linux !