mine arrive yesterday, it is really well built, no obstruction on the sliding mechanism

though it is a really good case, i wish the front plate wasnt raised as much, sometimes it hurts my ear while talking on the phone... and need a new screen protector, the one came with isnt all the good; lastly i wish the back got some sort of grip, still kinda slippery, but overall no complaints

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ottawa, Canada
I got mine a couple weeks or so ago and have put it through its paces. I also have a couple other (cheaper) protectors for comparison -- although there isn't much.

First, I like the fact that the back cover is in two parts; the interior is a sort of silicone rubber (e.g. shock cushioning + buttons) with a hard plastic shell exterior over that.

The "kickstand" is still very easily accessible thanks to the design, although admittedly mine doesn't come out often.

The buttons are easy to press, no issue there. The caps on the data/audio port are nice and thick; they bend a little more than I'd like to plug the USB in, but it'll probably last for a while before busting off.

I agree with other reviewers that say the stylus is harder to eject with the case on, but it's not terrible. The other thing about the case is one might lose their stylus if they don't push it in all the way; the "stop" before it clicks home is almost perfectly flush with the exterior case, which might lead someone unfamiliar with the device to think the stylus is secure when it isn't. I doubt I'll lose it, but I'll be careful if lending the device to anyone.

I liked that the front cover only surrounds the screen edging, but like others have already said, the raised edge is a bit uncomfortable while talking on the phone -- fortunately I don't talk for long so it's not as big a deal for me as it might be for some. I imagine this may be required to provide any protective value should it take a fall, and to raise it sufficiently high to prevent screen scuffs while setting it screen-down on a table or whatever.

I liked the fact that no "straps" are required behind the screen to keep the screen border attached. The left edge seems a bit loose sometimes but it has yet to fall off on me or anything.

I had bad luck with the screen protector; it took 5 tries to get it on without any bubbles after which an errant piece of grit or something had effectively stretched/damaged part of the protector and made it look crappy and formed a new bubble after being left for a while. I tossed it. I also concur with the annoyance that it doesn't quite fit the screen of the device, which would have made it easier to install right the first time -- as would better instructions (the instructions are completely worthless). If you are experienced at installing screen protectors maybe you are already familiar with the drill, but I wasn't, and I would have been better off figuring it out on my own than trying to decipher their cryptograms.

All in all, I am:

* Very happy with the 2-part back piece
* Mostly happy with the front piece except for the height and cross-section of the raised area;
* Unhappy with the screen protector, mainly due to avoidable difficulties during installation (awful instructions and poor fit)

The Following User Says Thank You to isolationism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New York City -- Brooklyn
i have no complaint about the screen protector it actually went on perfectly noo bubbles at all maybe u just had bad luck screen protecvtors are a 1 shot deal most times

thank you all, now ordered.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
My experience was almost exactly the same as isolationism's. It's a great case, the screen protector however is rubbish. Can't have it all though - and they delivered via FedEx from the US to the UK in about 4 days flat, two of which were weekend days! I actually received the case before the phone, thanks to Vodafone's "store policy" of not getting phones from ParcelForce on a Saturday - despite the fact I'd ordered the phone the day before the case! Laughable..

I have one as well.

The screen protector is so good you don't even realize it's there. Still responds exactly as before. Solid, sturdy and worth the $$ no doubt.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Well, okay, by "rubbish" I mean that I mucked it up trying to apply it and after about the 4th or 5th attempt, it got grit under it and was then useless so had to be binned.

Could one of you guys post pics of the n900 with the otterbox?

Somebody's gotta do it...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Ah, Hawaii .. always loved that State!