Originally Posted by weirdbeard View Post
one word.......skynet
Or more likely Wintermute.

oh yer the power search is much more useful never really noticed it before. the main search is pretty pointless. wow it found the words "sygic volume" in a 362 page 3,614 post overclocking thread lol. they should switch the searches around!

Is there any good sorta wiki straight up problems - solution pages any one can recommend?

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Yes the search is quite pointless. No offence but I can never find what I'm looking for. I use google site:talk.maemo.org to search.

The obsession with merging threads is probably due to the fact that (much like this thread) they slowly go off topic, already we are talking about how lame the search is so next we'll be talking about pr1.2 and the BAM! merged!

Also can I have a thanks for being the first to mention PR1.2

Zing!

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Yes the search is quite pointless. No offence but I can never find what I'm looking for. I use google site:talk.maemo.org to search.
Well, it's useful for when you know what you're looking for and know how to work it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Well, it's useful for when you know what you're looking for and know how to work it.
Are you high? Yesterday I tried searching for a thread on ioquake, I knew it was on here so searched for ioquake, nope I couldn't find it. I had to instead search google to get the thread on this very site! the word ioquake was in the title of the thread but didn't come up in the search!

The Following User Says Thank You to Spotfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
now I really understand why one finnish forum has a zero tolerance with threads about moderation. all issues are handled between 2 persons and thats it.

this again... another useless thread, why couldn't you OP contact reggie with PM for example?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Are you high? Yesterday I tried searching for a thread on ioquake, I knew it was on here so searched for ioquake, nope I couldn't find it. I had to instead search google to get the thread on this very site! the word ioquake was in the title of the thread but didn't come up in the search!
I just ran some scenarios using Advanced Search.

Searching thread titles for ioquake turned up zero results.

Searching all content for ioquake turned up many.

Searching titles for ioquake3 did return results.

Looks like a wildcard is needed in such a case. Anyway, I did prove out GeneralAntilles' assertion.

ye there are plenty of threads just not the one I was looking for... It was one of those times where u can't remember anything from the thread so I had nothing more to go on but ioquake hehehe

I got there in the end and that's the main point I am truly amazed that a phone is capable of running quake3 if you had told me this when quake3 was barely playing on my home pc I would have told you where to go hehehe in fact almost the same level of amazement that this thread hasn't been merged yet hehehe

zing x 2!

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
now I really understand why one finnish forum has a zero tolerance with threads about moderation. all issues are handled between 2 persons and thats it.

this again... another useless thread, why couldn't you OP contact reggie with PM for example?
"OP contact reggie with PM for example?" I don't even understand what your saying there... I think alot of the members on this forum forget that not everyone that comes here, lives here