Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
Yes am having the same problem, used to work great with the track name currently being played is displayed. Now it just shows NOKIA.

The Following User Says Thank You to vignes_k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Laois, Ireland
I'm afraid it's not a bug. Under PR1.2 the RDS display function conforms to the standard and no longer has 'dynamic RDS_PS' transmission. This means that two strings of text are transmitted: RDS_PS, which is the 'station' i.e. your nokia phone; and RDS_TEXT, the song info.
Open up the Xterminal the next time your transmitting FM and type fmtx_client and you'll see what each of these is for your phone and currently playing song.

I've had the same change and I only get 'Nokia' displayed on my car stereo but on my brothers newer car radio both Nokia and song info are displayed. His car can show more than just the station rds tag for normal radio stations whereas mine only shows the station name.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boru For This Useful Post:
My FM receiver button has gone after updating to firmware PR1.2.

Anyne got a clue how to bring this button back?

Originally Posted by ConsultPlus View Post
My FM receiver button has gone after updating to firmware PR1.2.

Anyone got a clue how to bring this button back?
You should be able to add it from the 'add widget' menu when you activate the desktop menu.

Rgrds

Peter

Originally Posted by filbert View Post
You should be able to add it from the 'add widget' menu when you activate the desktop menu.
Thanks, Peter, you solved 2 problems in 1 go

I always wondered (not enough apparently) what that wheel in the top *right* corner did - didn't notice the menu in the *left* hand corner.

So now I have found all those apps i installed lately - and that didn't show up (like 'recaller'): this is where they all hide !!

I did reinstall the FM reciever in the meantime form maemo.org

http://snipurl.com/x0bvc

But thanks a lot for pointing out this sneaky, hidden menu ...