Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
ok, I'll give it a go. Is there any way to remove this should there be a need - or would that require reflashing?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Hmm, it sort of worked... emails seem to check if I manually check now and the automatic check seems to have happened on the hour when I did a test just now, but it didn't actually download any new message from hotmail - it just seems to have failed again. Any thoughts?

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Hmm, it sort of worked... emails seem to check if I manually check now and the automatic check seems to have happened on the hour when I did a test just now, but it didn't actually download any new message from hotmail - it just seems to have failed again. Any thoughts?
Not really... I'm not a modest dev, so I wouldn't even know where to begin as to debugging it. I built this on a tip in the bug report that the bug may have been fixed in a newer Modest build. Apparantly that's not entirely the case, as it still fails here as well.

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
ok, I'll give it a go. Is there any way to remove this should there be a need - or would that require reflashing?
I admire your bravery!

Well, at least a fix is within the community's reach. Excellent if the solution can be achieved before Nokia gets around to their next update - if that ever happens.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Kriek View Post
if that ever happens.
Yes it's planned.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
I use Nokia Messaging to access my hotmail account. It - after some headaches during the setup I admit - is working perfectly now. Push functionality works. You might want to try this detour...

Originally Posted by schaggo View Post
You might want to try this detour...
I've been considering Nokia Messaging, however I'm reluctant for several reasons. Mostly due to the fact that it's not a traditional Hotmail account that I have. My ISP uses Hotmail servers which leaves me stuck with POP3 or Webmail for the time being...

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Shouldn't pose a problem, I am doing the same but with an ISP that uses Gmail for its email services. It works beautifully. I mean hotmail *and* my ISP-Gmail using Nokia Messaging. But as I said, it took me a while to get the thing working...