Notices

Isn't that the famous N900 "Find Sex" Application.

You make a baby, thanks to your phone. Babyphone.

I'm flattered

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
meh ! kangal its a nice app works as advertized no fuss
i use it ofen

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You make a baby, thanks to your phone. Babyphone.

Only indirectly, since it acts as a long range baby monitor so you can meet people at the bar while knowing your existing baby is sleeping peacefully at home or in your car.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I was getting interested in the code. Babyphone is a really missed program as I am transitioning to my Jolla (which fell on asphalt street yesterday, making the frame bend a bit on one edge )

So I was curious if there is soemthing alike and noticed a package on openrepos. It was only the harmattan version though, but it was 2.0.7 with no visible connection to the old version. Even maintainer seemed to have changed.
On maemo.org is a combined version for fremantle and harmattan 1.2.1 (which I am using on my N900)
I am not a programmer, but I will check on the diffs between both versions, haven't seen any changelogs connecting 1.2.1 to 2.0.7

This progam could make me starting to develop a bit as I would really like it to be ported to my Jolla. On my job I do scripts without object orientation, more the database stuff. So I haven't done any scripting for QT C++ GTK and alike. Anyone else wanna step in? Think it is possible to get it running on Sailfish?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I would support a Sailfish port.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post

This progam could make me starting to develop a bit as I would really like it to be ported to my Jolla. On my job I do scripts without object orientation, more the database stuff. So I haven't done any scripting for QT C++ GTK and alike. Anyone else wanna step in? Think it is possible to get it running on Sailfish?
If anyone does take this on, it would be nice to add the features the original programmer had on the todo list, particularly a VOIP option. I, for one, have two working phones but only one SIM. Would be cool to have babyphone place a SIP call to me if I'm on a different floor and can't hear the baby.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I think VOIP is a bit out of scope as Sailfish itself is not supporting it without any extras from openrepos. I am following https://together.jolla.com/question/415/sip-voip-native-integration/, to see where that's going to end up.

It could stay on the list though

Tags
babyphone, maemo 5