Active Topics

Notices

Here .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Qwerty12 was awesome enough to fix this for us older tablet users.

Word on the street is that he now has cooler things to do then mess around with this junk again for all of you new, spoiled richies.
Dunno why people attribute that one to me.
jott fixed that one. Correction: jott fixed the grey/black colour bug and the 256 colour support was added by inz, if I remember correctly.

Maemo uses a very old libVTE so it had to be patched. It was done for Diablo, so I wonder why the two patches aren't in Fremantle's vers... oh, wait, it's in "non-rel". Wow. Three cheers to the maintainer.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-06-18 at 06:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Here .
How do I apply the patch?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I don't understand why this the patch never made it into fremantle release. Maybe because only one person had voted for it? The patch submitter (thanks!) is Nik_Nik on t.m.o.

https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?act...ug&bug_id=7164

Given Nokia's careful quality-control / release process, i don't expect there can be any fast bugfix turnaround.

On the other hand, nothing stops us from uploading a fixed libvte. Can it be uploaded to maemo.org with some other version number to prevent interfering with official system upgrades?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post: