Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Holy smoke! It's working Kudos to you guys!

Edit: only "downside" is that zenity window is ugly when it's ran by root (uses GTK default graphics instead of Hildon), but I guess there's nothing that can be done?
I forgot that HAM runs stuff with sudo and not with "root" (for some reason there's a difference in variables(?)), change it to
Code:
run-standalone.sh zenity --question --text="Install custom transitions?" --ok-label=Yes
I'll check the script in a bit.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Right, try this.
Code:
#! /bin/sh -e

Q=`run-standalone.sh zenity --question --text="Install custom transitions?" --ok-label=Yes; echo $?`

if [ "$Q" = "0" ]; then
      # install the custom things
      echo "User chose yes"
else
      # do not install the custom things
      echo "User chose no"
fi
Haven't tested the script cause I'm not on Maemo (on Ubuntu atm) on the N900, but it works on my PC
Hope it works

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Right, try this.
Code:
#! /bin/sh -e

Q=`run-standalone.sh zenity --question --text="Install custom transitions?" --ok-label=Yes; echo $?`

if [ "$Q" = "0" ]; then
      echo "User chose yes"
else
      # do not install the custom things
      echo "User chose no"
fi
Haven't tested the script cause I'm not on Maemo (on Ubuntu atm) on the N900, but it works on my PC
Hope it works
Works like a charm! I was going to come and ask how can I change the return value of zenity to be something else than exit code, but you already posted the answer and now things seems to be rolling just fine

Best regards to you guys!
- R

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Okay... sorry to bother, but I'll have to ask some more quaetions (my googling didn't provide solution), hopefully somebody finds time to answer

I've got the script working fine during installation, but I would like to provide end user possibility to easily run the "setup script" again so that he can setup the theme differently without having to re-install the whole package.

My problem is that my script needs root priviledges to run and I cannot find a way to create shortcut to the script with root priviledges.

What should I do?

Here's the script:
Code:
#! /bin/sh -e

THEMEDIR='/usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir'

if [ ! -d $THEMEDIR ]; then
  exit 0
fi

rm -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/gtk-2.0/*.cache

if [ "`readlink /etc/hildon/theme`" = /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir ]; then
   if [ -x /usr/bin/personalisation ]; then
	   /usr/bin/personalisation /usr/share/themes/default
   fi
fi

Q=`run-standalone.sh zenity --question --text="Enable customized transitions?\n(affects only the Black Plastic theme)\n\nNote: tap outside this window to NOT to enable the transitions\n\n(choose Yes if you don't know what to do)" --ok-label=Yes; echo $?`

if [ "$Q" = "0" ]; then
     	cp -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/transitions.tmp /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/transitions.ini

else

rm -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/transitions.ini

fi

Q2=`run-standalone.sh zenity  --list  --text "Choose color scheme" --radiolist  --column "Pick" --column "Scheme" TRUE Black FALSE Blue FALSE Orange FALSE Pink; echo $ans`

if [ "$Q2" = "Black" ]; then

cp -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/variations/black/* /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/

elif [ "$Q2" = "Blue" ]; then

cp -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/variations/blue/* /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/

elif [ "$Q2" = "Orange" ]; then

cp -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/variations/orange/* /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/

elif [ "$Q2" = "Pink" ]; then

cp -rf /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/variations/pink/* /usr/share/themes/blackplastictheme-themedir/

fi

hildon-theme-cacher $THEMEDIR

Q3=`run-standalone.sh zenity --info --text="Done! Remember to do a reboot after you have selected Black Plastic Theme to use."`

exit 0

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE