Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Looks like it is compatible with JIL, but chokes on the non-standard JIL parts in the config.xml. Of course the JIL services do not work later on

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Update: when/if the packages will be released for the N900, they will be in a Nokia repo, like QtMobility, so there will be a slight package shuffle soonish - these WRT packages will get an 'experimental' moniker (like Qt4.7 and QtMobility) so that they do not conflict with the official/stable packages later on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Well, the WRT widgets seem to be different from the Symbian ones, mainly because the WGZ ones are not based on W3C spec. The other sort Symbian supports - JIL WGT is based on the proper spec, but is also not supported in N900, maybe will be in the future.
Then what widgets N900 supports?

Are they just desktop widgets or standalone apps?

Are prior Nokia WRT APIs available?

Cheers,
Mikko

They can be desktop widgets, standalone apps and browser plugins as I mentioned. Currently they are not compatible with the official Symbian ones, but they should be compatible in the future (or there's not much point of creating all this .

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Update: when/if the packages will be released for the N900, they will be in a Nokia repo, like QtMobility, so there will be a slight package shuffle soonish - these WRT packages will get an 'experimental' moniker (like Qt4.7 and QtMobility) so that they do not conflict with the official/stable packages later on.
Okay, this is now done, so the web runtime packages got an -experimental at the end so we don't trip over official releases that might come later. This also means the original packages have been removed, and for the reasons above I people who have already installed to replace with the new packages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wageningen (NL)
I installed wrt-experimental and wrt-api-experimental from extras-devel. When I try to install the clock widget (found in the examples directory in the wrt-experimental source package) the application manager starts up, but indicates that there is a problem: the package qtwrt-experimental cannot be found.

The qtwrt-experimental package is not in the extras-devel repository (neither is the qtwrt package).

Where can I find the missing package?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wageningen (NL)
Originally Posted by JapieB View Post
Where can I find the missing package?
Found it: I should have installed using apt-get install qtwrt-experimental. Now the example widgets install...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JapieB For This Useful Post:
I tried to run a Symbian Ovi store client which is cWRT-based on Maemo installed QtWebRuntime but it didn't work as expected, which makes me think that QtWebRuntime is not compatible with cWRT on Symbian. Any idea?

Yes, its not. I think it will be later or there will be different QT WRT for Symbian.

I created a sample widget with the main entry is index.html. I ran this entry directly against the browser on N900 but it failed to function properly. I guessed the browser doesn't recognize the existence of QtWebRuntime. Any idea of how to make Maemo browser QtWebRuntime aware?