Active Topics

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
If you're at your desktop with your N900 sitting beside you, then why not just use X11vnc - copy and paste your links straight in to the N900 browser.

It doesn't get any easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Create a Jabber account for each device and configure a client on each, and use that to send around links, texts, etc..

Also useful for sending "TODOs" to your Desktop machine from your mobile phone when you are not at home

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You could use http://www.cl1p.net - save your interesting urls in a page in cl1p.net on your desktop, and reopen same page on your n900.

To speed the process there is a bookmarklet. Just open the page

cl1p.net/whatever

(substitute whatever with whatever you want, your name, an acronym... that's going to be your urls page and you'll be able to password-protect it if you need to)

Go to Extras (last button on the left side). You'll get there the link to make a bookmarklet. Put on your favourites bar or in your bookmarks.
Optionally select some text in your page (or not)
Push the bookmarklet, the selected text plus the page url will be copied on your page.

Open it in your n900 browser. Enjoy

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-08-15 at 14:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
'spose Delicious or Google Bookmarka doesn't work for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to jabba_29 For This Useful Post:
What about email, or is that too old school? Twitter is another option.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ helmond, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
Install mBarcode on N900 (and, not necessary, qrcode plugin for it)
Install Mobile Barcoder extension in Firefox on PC
Now N900's camera can read barcode of the web-page from your PC's screen and turn it into URL to open in N900's browser.
I can't see it getting easier than that

some things I noticed:
-mbarcode does qrcode out-of-the box. no plugin needed
-in mbarcode you can only select the scanned text by tapping inside the textbox and pressing ctrl+a, you can't select with the stylus

Last edited by fromthehill; 2010-08-15 at 14:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to fromthehill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
how about pasting the link in a text file and putting that text file in your dropbox?

The Following User Says Thank You to alienhead For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oscillik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
one ide I have thinking of but never had time to test is using klipper or similar in linux and add a feature sendto n900.

and on the n900 make a simple client that is connectingb to the sendtoserver in linuxdesktop and the automatic forward it to clipboard on n900 that way we could use tandard cut/paste behave.

another solution that someone already said is to use jabber that ay it should be possible to also send specialcommands between desktop and n900

just make it simple buddy..i used skype...log in on my pc and my n900 simultaneously..everything i type message on pc will pop-up on my n900..no delay...just copy paste the link from the browser and paste on skype chat box..it will pop-up on your n900 inbox..this more easy i think..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waga For This Useful Post: