Originally Posted by samipower View Post
any person any idea???
As Megaltariak says,

Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
gngeo always segfault when launched.
Meaning there can be either.
1) A syntax error.

or

2) Its calling functions, states, or drivers that don't exist.

How many errors there are? I don't know :/, I've yet to download the software development kit (although I plan to do so in the future), so cant compile anything. BTW are you coding/porting this emulator?

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
i only have , tutorial emulator files, in maemo.org or other , you can find source code emulator i think for you can compilate new port that can run in nokia n900

regards

I am getting Segmentation fault, when i try to execute the gngeo binary, is it possible to get the sources? I want to try to build it on my own

I don know where did you got those packages, but using xgngeo and this http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/gngeo/ at least loads the game. Sadly the full screen does not work quite well and the control is not working

The Following User Says Thank You to pcekper For This Useful Post:
Same as pcekper, the speed is amazing comparing to MAME, but we can't play, even when modifying the ~/.gnogeo/gngeorc file.

I have a working version of gngeo that I compiled myself, the full screen works, but when there is some osd on the screen (like volume control) or also screen power save it just segfauls, I am sure that is related to the sdl, but not using fs works pretty stable, anyone interested?

PD: forgot to say that the controlling the game works with a modified .gngeorc file

for the persons who have a red point on executable gngeo

install it

http://timeless.justdave.net/reposit...mo-1_armel.deb

but I have a red point on neogeo bios, I dont understand why, my bios is correct.....

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Well, for people having problems with the bios just google neogeo bios, the first results should already help you, just unzip and go to the folder you unziped with the app itself, and you will be alright.
It seems that gngeo only recognizes maemo neogeo roms, and not neoragex roms. ( read this on a gp2x forum, if anyone can confirm. )
For the executable, I still didn`t find the good solution, and the deb Kybo offered, I can't seem to install it, giving me error while setting ownership of media/mmc1/roms.
If I can't get this to work, i will try compiling the emulator myself, as much of the work is already done anyway...

Edit .: Well, solution to the mmc1 problem was simple, just open the backcover, it will umount the sdcard ( you can do that on xterm too ),
and install it normally via xterm or app manager.

Edit2.: Ok got it to work, will test and give feedback on any edition of files if needed or so.

Last edited by luiscesjr; 2010-11-20 at 16:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
hi i tried this bios
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JSI4IL6 and installed
first i installed with my tutorial with this bios

first xngeo 16.deb and

second
http://timeless.justdave.net/reposit...mo-1_armel.deb

neogeo emulator ok i tried metal slug rom and run ok but run in small screen

i am looking ....... in config files you can see options in gui emulator and into files but i can not found how increase resolution display

i can play with ps3 gamepad without configurate it.

r3 button shoot in metal slug
start jump

digital and analog x/y move and other button credits

Last edited by samipower; 2010-11-20 at 20:42.