Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Well N8 also got bluetooth 3.0 so why not. I also got feeling that M-D is right here. He did also get the specs right before we knew pretty much anything about N9. Like qwerty and that it is 4 row, 4" screen, 1320mah battery and N8 like design.
Good point - I thought the N8 still had Bluetooth 2.1, that makes Bluetooth 3.0 even more likely to appear on the N9 giving more credence to the NokNok specs and discrediting further those from Eldar.

Originally Posted by maemo5 View Post
those specs reminding me netbook specs
i think that it's too high for mobile phone...
and :"ARM Cortex a8?! 1ghz?!
nokia says that even the stock clock speed (n900) is too high!!!!!!
1 GHz Cortex A8 is the standard for high-end smartphones these days.

Used in:
Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, iPhone 4, Dell Streak, Droid X, etc.

Originally Posted by maemo5 View Post
those specs reminding me netbook specs
i think that it's too high for mobile phone...
and :"ARM Cortex a8?! 1ghz?!
nokia says that even the stock clock speed (n900) is too high!!!!!!
So there are, what, 12 different Omap3 models by now, and each model has like 12 variants.
The one in N900 is 500MHz overdriven to 600MHz. TI has a 720MHz version of the same model.
Now they also have models capable of 1GHz, and shortly after N9 is release they'll probably have a version of that model tat does 1.2 or 1.4.

As far as I know (from wikipedia) none of the OMAP3 chips have sgx540....so I guess it's either a snapdragon or hummingbird?

It's not just the mhz().
Galaxy S, Wave probably got the most umph inside from any of the mass production phones. Both use hummingbird.
It's Cortex A8 1Ghz that's 45nm based and SGX540 GPU.

Snapragon that most of the Android phone use is 65nm based and got weaker GPU than OMAP3430 used inside N900 or Droid for example, not to even talk about hummingbird. Snapragon might be the best example of big numbers getting hyped. Like the now cooled down megapixel war with SE, Nokia and Samsung before.

Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
As far as I know (from wikipedia) none of the OMAP3 chips have sgx540....so I guess it's either a snapdragon or hummingbird?
Or the sgx540 part is just a rumour.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
If Hummingbird > Snapdragon then the N9 Flagship better have a Hummingbird. Doesn't Samsung only put Hummingbirds in their Bada devices? Will their Bada devices eventually become Samsung's Flagships?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Eldar says the price will be 450 Euro or less. Gets more unbelievable by the second.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Eldar says the price will be 450 Euro or less. Gets more unbelievable by the second.
He usually talks about tax free prices(like C7 270 euros). If that's true i would expect ~560 euros at least from the first month looking at example N8.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
If Hummingbird > Snapdragon then the N9 Flagship better have a Hummingbird. Doesn't Samsung only put Hummingbirds in their Bada devices? Will their Bada devices eventually become Samsung's Flagships?
I would be quite surprised to see a Snapdragon in a Samsung device, since Samsung makes Hummingbird, so you're probably correct.

Any gossip on the most important feature of all - has this got a magnetometer or not?!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun