Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
I imagine 12" tablet will be quite inspiring target for QML applications. Also, if you have extra cash and are pondering buying several tablets, 12" + 5"/7" is a much better deal than 10" + 5"/7".

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France

Wepad Looks Awesome it’s already on sale Amazon Germany in-depth video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyfL8f0bhA

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok... won't lie. The WeTab is starting to look like something I'd invest in for my pending tablet purchase.

You guys don't like the UI, I actually like it. Just seemed a bit... slow in places (camera for instance).

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
does not seem like real MeeGo to me not once have they said this is running MeeGo.
They call it WeTab OS based on MeeGO probably b/c there is no compatibility with MeeGo API so they not allowed to call it MeeGo

So given this beast is running x86, are we going to see a full OpenGL running on it? Or simply GLES? Meaning porting required for any game.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ok... won't lie. The WeTab is starting to look like something I'd invest in for my pending tablet purchase.

You guys don't like the UI, I actually like it. Just seemed a bit... slow in places (camera for instance).
My beef with it is that it does not seem to have multi touch gestures. A previous video shows that you need zoom icons on the side bar to zoom in and out. These features were shown in the vanilla meego implementation and would have loved if it was ported to wetab as well

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Last Friday I met Helmut, the Managing Director and Speaker of the Management Board (he founded neofonie, the company behind the WeTab).
The WeTab is using MeeGo under the UI, so MeeGo and Qt applications are running without a problem.
It was a really good and smooth experience I have to say.

We will show the WeTab also on the next mobile freidae berlin (http://mobilefreidae.org).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Someone purporting to be from WeTab posted this encouraging post on the Meego forms.

Hi all

Yes we do use MeeGo and it rocks! We use UI framework option and just put our UI on top. Actually it is MeeGo v1.0, but some components are even next to latest builds. So WeTab does support Multitouch, based on the MeeGo Touch Framework.

We support Qt 4.6 and will update to 4.7, once it is stable. Qt is the framework, which we prefer, but nevertheless we support GTK based apps as well as java, flash, air, android apps (last ones are running in a complete android 2.2 in virtualbox).

And by the way, since you have access to the root shell, so you could do what you like..

Cheers
WeTab Team

Last edited by lagonda; 2010-09-07 at 10:42.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lagonda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by lagonda View Post
Someone purporting to be from WeTab posted this encouraging post on the Meego forms.
I think this is an amazing news. I'm very excited about it. It means we can run on WeTab all the best possible applications: MeeGo, Android, Linux, Flash, Java... And think about using Wine on WeTab

This company also anticipated future products by Nokia that will be showed at next Nokia World

Tags
not the tablet, u r looking for