Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
Originally Posted by Berserk View Post
Faulty? in what way?
Nice to read you're still very enthusiastic even after this bad start

This N900 is so much different from my last devices..
My last few phones were great, but after 2-4 weeks, I had pretty much seen everything it could do, and the excitement was over.
However, the N900 still amazes me every day! mostly because of this community, all the apps and possibilities.. currently I'm browsing/typing while it's connected to my TV, which is awesome
the battery just charged till 50% .. or some like that... and it didnt read my sim card ....but this didnt let me down... im soo fckn excited although these problems... i gave my baby back to the store on friday... and i was sad when they told me i needed to wait 3 days more... because they didnt have more in stock!! . .... but waiting.. and waiting!! ... im impressed with the phone (and the touchscreen too ... i mean they managed to do it finger/stylus friendly.. nokia amazes me)

The Following User Says Thank You to emiliofab1 For This Useful Post:
Welcome to HELL.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
welcome aboard, you've got 2months until you develope hate/love syndrom toward the N900 lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
welcome! i love my 900. nolt sure where the hate comes from. its been 10 months and my phone is/has worked flawlessly. yes issues arise but this is an amaizing communiity that will always help solve any questions. in fact id say most of the issues i have come across are my error in not knowing..

i do suggest you read up on the battery usage threads. this phone is a hog and drains like a laptop, but with the right apps and settings it can last all day with much use.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by emiliofab1 View Post
the battery just charged till 50% .. or some like that... and it didnt read my sim card ....but this didnt let me down... im soo fckn excited although these problems... i gave my baby back to the store on friday... and i was sad when they told me i needed to wait 3 days more... because they didnt have more in stock!! . .... but waiting.. and waiting!! ... im impressed with the phone (and the touchscreen too ... i mean they managed to do it finger/stylus friendly.. nokia amazes me)
Unreadable sim is one of the syndrome of downgrading the firmware from PR1.2 to PR1.1. Since yours is stock product, I don't think that's the case.

However, you must make sure the sim could really work on your N900. We've a case here in China some sim issued by China Mobile is not readable by N900. It's due to some default 'sim service' implemented. The solution is to disable all those 'sim service' with other mobile phone and then plug it back to N900.

So you'd better take the sim in question with you when pick up the N900 tomorrow so that you can test on spot.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
uve been here a long time??? .............a month?

I love my N900 have had it since March of this year so I am still new to it, BUT I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I have made some of my Apple Fanboy friends drool LMAO

The Following User Says Thank You to kaitech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I had it for over a month now and is still discovering new things to do with it. Once in a while while browsing or reading with FBreader, i just take a moment to step back, look at the awesome screen and go ga-ga.
And the apps, unlike the apple apps, are all very useful (well 99%- i dunno what to do with that app where u can check how high you can throw it) and increase the functionality of the device in someway. And if there is something new you'd like, instead of waiting for the overlords (Apple, HTC, Nokia) to implement it, we can do it ourselves or (as is in my case), beg the local gurus for help. It's just an amazing community.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Yeah, I like to see tempers up!
Welcome to community, I'm rather a new N900 owner, but I think I can confirm the said above... I love it, have never hated it, but it can turn annoying sometimes, so you must be patient, conscious of what it 'is' and get used to some trick-ish things related with day-to-day usage...
Issues, or questions? Consider first looking for related topics and threads in the forum, and you may find it already solved/asked, or find out it has simply no solution at the moment/never... je...
Welcome again!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Emilio,
Welcome to a highway to Hell, a hell lots of fun and exploration and discoveration.

Welcome to Maemo Maemo Maemo FiVE