lol the t9 keyboard comes up and he dont know what it is

LOL. I can send emails faster on my N900. Not that it matters.

Originally Posted by bsving View Post
LOL. I can send emails faster on my N900. Not that it matters.
Surely not with Nokia Messaging? It takes like ten years for Nokia Messaging to send messages and download received messages on my N900. Nothing in the world could be slower.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
The press (or whatever it's called now) sells (whatever the hell it sells) now.

To that end they will do what they have to do to attract eyeballs. The means that are used have been known to casual observers since the earliest records in time.

Of course they appear to love the iPhone. The only things they could report about the iPhone from the get go has been customer demand and acceptance. Before the reports of long lines waiting for its release, to most, nothing was known of its interface and development other than rumor.

Now with everyone else, they have set an imaginary goal (iPhone killer) and can report on the others attempts to achieve it.

However, just as everyone loves a winner, as Monty Python also once said: "The people love a good stoning", and as soon as any winner is announced we usually start gathering up stones for the winners hoped for demise.

Witness the IO4's "death grip" coverage. Either way the Press (or whatever it's now called) wins because it has attracted eyeballs (to whatever it now sells).

Like wise, every one loves a good, come from behind, underdog story. The farther behind the underdog was, the better the story becomes and as a result more eyeballs are attracted to it. Goliath may have been popularly known at the time as as a giant. Historically though, he could have retired and been known as just another "big dude".

Once Davey came along and slew that sucker, Goliath and Davey's story got legs and traveled the globe. Goliath became bigger and Davey became greater.

It is no wonder that the Press (or whatever it's now called) appear to be piling on, a come from behind, iPhone killer is a story that they can develop and one that historically does attract eyeballs.

All that^ has been debated since they sold the first Davey endorced sling shot, and it will continue to be debated as long as we buy the stuff they sell.

IMHO, the most relevant comments about this video were made by "floobie"

Originally Posted by floobie 01:49 PM
I'm agreement with what seems to be the majority here: Guy on the N8 really wasn't familiar with the phone yet. Why else would you stare at the screen for a few seconds not pressing the icon you need, while everyone else has already jumped ahead?

I decided to follow along on my lowly E71, with a puny 340mhz processor, and several years outdated s60. I can get navigation directions faster than everyone there (searching for a location roughly half way across the city, getting driving directions). I can also send an e-mail as fast as the guy on the blackberry (typed out one of my other e-mail addresses, subject "oh hello there", message body said "hello"). And I can snap a picture faster than everyone there (using a similarly backlit plant in my room). How is that possible?! What does this prove?!

I'm really familiar with my phone. So is the girl on the iPhone, and the guy on the Blackberry. The guy on the N8 isn't.

However, I can find one legitimate criticism against the N8, that has been mentioned elsewhere on the internet: The portrait keyboard isn't qwerty, which is why the guy on the N8 had to rotate it to type. If no one else does that, it will obviously slow him down substantially. How much that matters depends on the individual user. I flat out can NOT type on a portrait qwerty touch screen, be it on any iPhone, or any Android phone. I hit 5 virtual keys at once, and it's useless. I always rotate to the landscape keyboard. So, on any touchscreen phone, N8 included, I don't need a portrait qwerty keyboard. However, clearly the girl on the iPhone can type on her phone's portrait qwerty keyboard. Why she only used one finger though, I don't know. She could have kept up better with the guy on the blackberry had she gone two fingered

SLN member # 009

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Put me there on the N8. I type faster on the T9 than most people on a portrait qwerty And I love the Symbian T9 with it's huge keys.
________
Ecigs123

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:41.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
I don't think the guy with the N8 had ever used a phone before

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJ018LZjLc here's soneone performing a bit better with the N8..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
for post N°1 pfff it's gizmodo.... it's apple Website.^^

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJ018LZjLc here's soneone performing a bit better with the N8..
Heh, Gizmodo just lost last shred of their credibility.
Really comical "comparison".

Luckily anyone can check out the actual performance by themselves.

Makes you wonder?

Sadly these kind of "articles/reviews/tests" are so common nowdays on the 'net.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post

... as Monty Python also once said: "The people love a good stoning", and as soon as any winner is announced we usually start gathering up stones for the winners hoped for demise.

"I only said this N8 was good enough for Jehovah..."