Notices

also if i save a number in international format,+44 in UK,and then friend with that number sends me sms and it arrives in non international format ie 0780..... then the msg arrives as normal..no big deal,i can add the number i want to block in both formats and it works.
this is really good so far and has potential to seriously help some people....

If it is possible that the message is deleted even from conversations, but the message is actually saved somewhere else (only the n900 owner knows where it is, but others can't find it) so that we can check what's the content later?

I tested it, but it only works when the number has country number, and besides, it does not show notification message, but sometimes, it still has vibration and ringtone. It would be better if this app can save the message to somewhere else and delete the blocked message directly from conversations, so that no one would even know there's a 'blocked' message except the app users themselves .

Originally Posted by roamerjiang View Post
I tested it, but it only works when the number has country number, and besides, it does not show notification message, but sometimes, it still has vibration and ringtone. It would be better if this app can save the message to somewhere else and delete the blocked message directly from conversations, so that no one would even know there's a 'blocked' message except the app users themselves .
Mine does not vibrate and ring ... are you using custom ringtones app ?
PR1.3 ?

save the number you want to block as 2 entrys,with and without country code,it works then.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
great work my friend
looks promising!
ill test it as soon as i get the chance.

cheer!

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
I tested it, but it only works when the number has country number, and besides, it does not show notification message, but sometimes, it still has vibration and ringtone.
I am not quite sure why this happens.
It happens for SMS only and only two times so far. It
starts to vibrate and the notification light turned on for
a very short time.

Maybe a timing issue, the conversation app may start the
notification process just before my app closes the channel.

nicolai

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Mine does not vibrate and ring ... are you using custom ringtones app ?
PR1.3 ?
Yes, I'm using PR1.3, but no customized ringtones.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
I am not quite sure why this happens.
It happens for SMS only and only two times so far. It
starts to vibrate and the notification light turned on for
a very short time.

Maybe a timing issue, the conversation app may start the
notification process just before my app closes the channel.

nicolai

Yes, this is what happened to me as well. But if the message can be deleted from 'conversations' automatically, and transferred to somewhere else only the user knows, even it vibrating or still showing notification light won't be a big issue anymore .

mine not working when i block a number without country code..oso there is no tone n vibra n popup msg

CasTTeLLo

The Following User Says Thank You to CasTTeLLo For This Useful Post: