Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
I've not tried either with PR1.3 so was unaware of any conflicts.
I'm also running 2.6.28.10power45 but no multiboot here, though that may be a non-issue since u-boot is now included in Advanced Linux kernel for Power Users.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
it work for me with pr1.3 and power42. maybe try this.

Originally Posted by berlinermaxe View Post
it work for me with pr1.3 and power42. maybe try this.
Power 42 is for PR1.2 and doesn't have the fixes included in the PR1.3 kernel.

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Power 42 is for PR1.2 and doesn't have the fixes included in the PR1.3 kernel.
41 has PR1.3 fixes. 42 therefore also includes them, as well as other stuff like fixing 500Mhz lock whilst charging. See here for info
https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=6537

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-11-12 at 17:05. Reason: fixed link

Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
41 has PR1.3 fixes. 42 therefore also includes them, as well as other stuff like fixing 500Mhz lock whilst charging. See here for info
https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=6537
Sorry, my mistake, lots of updates over the last few days.

40 is PR1.2.

>=41 is PR1.3

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
joikuspot does not work in pr 1.3 ...
no idea why
yes it does, with original Nokia kernel JoikuSpot works with PR1.3,
if you have power kernel it wont work unless you go to xterminal and type:

root
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer

Now JoikuSpot will work with powerkernel.

to undo what you just did, type:

root
modprobe -r JoikuSpot_Bouncer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Thanks Butt, this now works for me.

I've been fighting with MH and various kernels for most of the afternoon and evening without luck. Like many others, my laptop sees the hot spot but can't connect--as though no DHCP server is running on the N900. I got rid of autodisconnect and enabled extras-testing to get power-kernel-42, but still no dice. Any suggestions? And don't say "Joiku".

Can't get USB tethering working either, and it may be a similar problem for all I know (using usbnet).

Thanks, Mike

Originally Posted by storkus View Post
I've been fighting with MH and various kernels for most of the afternoon and evening without luck. Like many others, my laptop sees the hot spot but can't connect--as though no DHCP server is running on the N900. I got rid of autodisconnect and enabled extras-testing to get power-kernel-42, but still no dice. Any suggestions? And don't say "Joiku".
Can't connect as in gets no IP ?

There are many levels here.

1. Can it connect to the Ad-Hoc network
2. Can it get IP via DHCP
3. (if IP) can it actually reach Google (or something else in internet)

At level two using manual IP *might* work (See the N900 as WiFi hotspot part2 -thread), but usually there is some lower level problem; time to dig out wireshark and kismet for some serious network debugging (sorry: I won't be walking you through that, especially not on a forum).

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
I'm having a problem with Mobile Hotspot.

It doesn't work.

It didn't work on PR1.3 using Kernel-Power40, and it still won't work for me on PR1.3 Kernel-Power45.

Here's the error i get when i start it in xterm.

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# mobilehotspot
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.86:/com/nokia/icd2: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unsupported interface or method
When i click on "Start" i get the error of "Internet Connection Failed. Try Again?"

This is even when i have connected to my 3G access point before loading Mobile Hotspot.

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled mobilehotspot to see if that fixed it. Nope.

Try doing as Tedri Mark states in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=855372&postcount=4:

When you press start it will ask you to select a connection. If you accidentally select nothing, or the wrong one, activate it by pressing your status bar before you press stop. Then you'll find it is shut down by the program. Then starting it again will ask you to select again. Otherwise if you cancel the connection and then press stop, when you press start again it won't ask you to select a connection.
It worked for me. Now I have both Joikuspot and Mobilehotspot working. Well, presently, at least