Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
i would say, take a look at any nokia s60 edition. how they perform how to use and how can MMS do. isnt fmms can only attach one image? S60 mms, can attached multiple images and auto compress to fit with 300kb mms supported. since n900 not provided with camera capture in 3gp or small video for message video, i dont think it possible though.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
What I would like to see improved in fMMS in no particular order:
  • Ability to attach other media types
  • Multiple recipients for a single MMS
Those things aside I'm quite happy with it.
I quite reguarly send audio files and fMMS receives contact cards from iPhones and the like and handle them correctly.

I've never tried to send an MMS to multiple contacts so can't comment there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
however, i can see one good thing of FMMS, i dont know anyone has tried it. you can attached any documents, it doesnt have to be picture. as long as it under 300kb. eg. i attaech, pdf file and send to my gf, she recieved and change the extention to .pdf, she can view it. i tried with other media its work also. but when sending stuff like this, have to go to file manager and share via fmms. not through Fmms UI

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to covid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by zail View Post
you can - or at least i just did... do you have the latest version?
I upgraded and just sent my first multiple recipient MMS. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

No problems here with fMMS. I've been quite happy with it.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
What I would like to see improved in fMMS in no particular order:
  • Ability to attach other media types
  • Multiple recipients for a single MMS
Those things aside I'm quite happy with it.
Exactly. Ok. I have to try multiple recipients with the newest version.

Forwarding an mms and all text disapear. No subject line. No integration with sms.

I'd say MMS on symbian is perfect. make it work like that. Android is not so bad either.

Why is this such a touchy subject btw? Everyone here blame Nokia for everything from bad apples to yellow cars. The fMMS app clearly suck compared with MMS on dumbphones 8 years ago, I mean come on.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
You do realize the dumbphone you had 8 years ago had MMS from the company you paid for the phone, and not someone from the community (which last I checked, doesn't exist for Symbian/Java based Nokias) who doesn't get a cent from the app (unless you donate) right?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
I was happily surprised that one night when i was in bed i got a picture popping up on my screen, before i realized that the installed app, fmms, actually now worked with my service provider

Thank you!

U guys out there making software for the N900 are great for us! Thank you!

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Only sucks from your perspective, but to be honest, it's amazing because of the simple fact we don't have it natively. Frals has done a fine job making this, so major props to him on making this. Keep up the great work Frals!

EDIT:
(Wow, I didn't finish what I was saying before I posted :lol: )
Quick note, yes, there are some features we'd all like to see, but if you want it done quicker, why not learn the implementation and do it yourself and submit it? You should give more constructive criticism rather that just flat out saying it suck. That's just flame bait and helps no one. Can't code? Suggest a feature and wait patiently.

Last edited by jperez2009; 2010-11-13 at 22:45.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Exactly. Ok. I have to try multiple recipients with the newest version.
And you actually tried either of these? Hint: they both work The "any file format" is somewhat touchy as this isn't covered by the standard and I have no idea how other phones handles it, but fwiw its there.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Forwarding an mms and all text disapear. No subject line.
Since I've never ever used this feature myself I had no idea what was expected behavior, and most users seems to be happy with only the attachment, but hey, I'll fix this since it's a ~2 loc fix probably now that I'm aware that it's something people want. (edit: heh, I knew I had already implemented this, but it broke when I added draft saving... none noticed until you brought it up now though)

RE: subject line, the usability experts I discussed with said that a majority is never using this in MMS messaging, hence why it's not shown. I can make it configurable if it's a feature people REALLY want.

Regarding the rest of the post, I'm sorry but the interfaces for integrating it to Conversations are horrible and that's really not my fault :/

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-11-13 at 20:07.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmms rules, mms or pms, never happy, op is a bumder, op is a douche, op is an idiot, op is on rag, op needs a slap, op sucks, thanks frals