Active Topics

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Well you should not think of sources when it's pretty obvious... I mean look at meego now... it ain't even complete... Where do you think would nokia get a decent mobile OS if the original one isn't even finished yet. Nokia won't be developing meego they will just develop a UI for their phones.
All you're saying here is "not yet". I already knew that. sela's point is valid and useful (unless someone can show why not?)

As a source, "common sense" doesn't make the cut.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
guys
first:the n9 will not have meego,it will have meego harmattan so you will not have to wait until the official meego will be out.
second most of us don't know more then google so if you try it you get every information which is available for us.
so no we don't know more then you.....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
ok heres something for that people who only believe in sources:
MeeGo-Harmattan
the default operating system of the Nokia N9. Successor of Maemo 5, but based of the Qt toolkit. Originally named Maemo 6, but later rebranded as MeeGo-Harmattan (provisional name). It is MeeGo compatible (that is, has a MeeGo API) but is not to be confused with MeeGo 1.0 Handheld as it is NOT based on MeeGo Core. MeeGo-Harmattan will not be released as a Nokia product for the N900. Aliases: Harmattan, Maemo 6.

quote from the meego wiki:
http://wiki.meego.com/Glossary

soooo no we will NOT have to wait until the official meego will come out

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
The only information Nokia have provided is now "2011". Personally, I'd take that as a "our first MeeGo device has to impress, it'll be released when it's ready" (and then I hope for a January release to satisfy my gadget lust ;-))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I regret that this thread seems to be provoking mostly negative responses. I'm not entirely sure why that should be. Although I have already searched the interwebs for information, I have learned one or two useful things from this thread already.

Whoever tagged "just shoot me": have you considered instead contributing something useful (even constructive criticism) or just ignoring the thread?

Personally I'm [still] excited at the thought of the next round of hardware, and as I [frequently] miss exciting developments or useful snippets, I appreciate people taking the time to share what they know.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n9-3398.php

They update all the time so at some point they can say when it will be released and more precise specs.

Remember: the specs so far wouldn't necessarily be what it will have when it arrives... to early to call yet.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-22 at 17:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
guys
first:the n9 will not have meego,it will have meego harmattan so you will not have to wait until the official meego will be out.
second most of us don't know more then google so if you try it you get every information which is available for us.
so no we don't know more then you.....
The question is: do they still intend to use Harmattan, or did the decision to postpone the N9 was in order to skip Harmattan and go straight to full Meego?

I see no point in releasing a Harmattan device only a few months before the release of Meego with a mobile UX.

The Following User Says Thank You to sela For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sela View Post
The question is: do they still intend to use Harmattan, or did the decision to postpone the N9 was in order to skip Harmattan and go straight to full Meego?
Interesting question; but possibly one more moot than you suspect.

I see no point in releasing a Harmattan device only a few months before the release of Meego with a mobile UX.
Remember Nokia are building their own differentiated UX on top of MeeGo, and contributing stuff back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
thanks but its hard to believe that the n9 will come with a 5mp camera.
if so then n9 goodbye
EDIT:flashlite 4,TFT capacitive touchscreen and 1320 mah battery for the new nokia flagship sounds very pointless too

Last edited by atilla; 2010-11-22 at 17:22.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n9-3398.php

They update all the time so at some point they can say when it will be released and more precise specs.
Well, some stuff is missing from that page which is fairly well substantiated (based on various source code examples and commits):
  • Screen size: 800x480 - should be 854x480: various MTF tests use such a resolution.
  • CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 - this is just total BS. Nokia announced "OMAP3", lots of activity around "OMAP3630" in their kernel commits etc.

Cobbling together every rumour, even on GSMArena, doesn't make all of them any more valid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
just shoot me, n9 leak