Posts: 43 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Zealand
Hahah nice .
I also experienced this but since I have SMSCON installed in my Nokia N900. I could txt the command from any fone and make it lock my N900 or shut it off. LOL . That's another way to get your N900 back when someone sticked to it playing and not giving your N900 back. LOL.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
You could also use ssh to run x11vnc on N900 and then open VNCviewer on your current device, and then interact with N900 through graphical user interface, not only X Terminal.
This thread made me to recollect my N900's ssh password.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by thej80 View Post
is there a way to make espeak to say preconfigured text for example, shout as hell, when i leave my phone to the table locked, and my 2 year old gets a hold of it, and messes with my screen, or tries to unlock it.
Reminds me of this incident: I was downloading a torrent on my laptop and I had the software set so when a torrent finishes downloading it plays a sound file, in this case clap of thunder. The powersaving had kicked in and the screen was off, my niece was hovering around the laptop with the intention of playing around with it. I said to her "Don't". And she asks why not. On the spur of the moment I just made something up and said something like "It's protected and will send out an electric shock if you touch it". She being the inquisitive and daring type didn't believe me and was about to switch it on anyway when bang on cue the download finished and played the loud clap of thunder sound and made her jump away from the laptop in fright She has since learnt not to doubt what I say

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post: