Originally Posted by tissot View Post
No, what dsmobile is saying that there will be qwertyless N9 and the already pictured N9. That qwertyless N9 would be announced or released some weeks after the qwerty N9.

Those pictures are from Nokia and is the winner of Nokia's Design by Community.
Where Nokia gave you different specs to vote for and in the end 4-5 different design to choose from and the above won the votes.
So your saying that the n9 that we all saw with a keyboard will be out 1st then a 2nd device with out a keyboard later? I really hope thats true because i really love the macbook looking n9.

Originally Posted by law138 View Post
So your saying that the n9 that we all saw with a keyboard will be out 1st then a 2nd device with out a keyboard later? I really hope thats true because i really love the macbook looking n9.
Yes that's the rumour by dsmobile.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Design by Community... students... tomato. Still reusing an already seen picture for a horrible rumor without any real backup?
Nobody is saying that the device will look like that, not dsmobile or the blog.
Nokia has just had a thing about the industrial design we have see on N8, E7, RM-680 and on this design. As the rumour about the qwertyless N9 is that it will be extremly thin it works nicely as a reference design here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sigh

Using a picture in a speculation piece of such is pretty bad form. Just use the Nokia logo, add a question mark, call it a day.

Adding a picture whose purpose was something totally different than a unfounded rumor is somewhat misleading. Especially when it was done by the very same community Nokia doesn't pay one bit of attention to...

Oops, that last bit was not a deflection. You want to say it's ok to use that image, I say it's misleading. I shouldn't use more words since that's what semantic lovers attach to first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
here we go again with new rumors with pictures already seen before. btw. the design competion pictures really looks like N8.

Again do not expect something new from Nokia at the MWC next month...

* N8 selling well
* E7 is soon to be released
* Meego not ready

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
here we go again with new rumors with pictures already seen before. btw. the design competion pictures really looks like N8.

Again do not expect something new from Nokia at the MWC next month...

* N8 selling well
* E7 is soon to be released
* Meego not ready
Honestly i don't think N8 sales has much to do with it. N9 will easily be 100 euros more expensive than the ~470 euros N8(price probably drops even more by the time of N9).
It's not like Nokia is in the position to delay it's top end flagship phone, just because one high end phone is selling great like they maybe could have done in 2007. They need all the people they can to jump to Qt or MeeGo ship. Android is gunning very hard currently.

Meego not ready sounds much more to be the real reason if we wont see N9 in MWC.
Unfortunately it's also something that the guy i talked about previously has said that things are moving very slowly on the MeeGo side and the UI had big revamp not too far ago(because of Skillman maybe?).

Last edited by tissot; 2011-01-08 at 21:02.

Meego not ready sounds much more to be the real reason if we wont see N9 in MWC.
Unfortunately it's also something that the guy i talked previously has said that things are moving very slowly on the MeeGo side and the UI had big revamp not too far ago(because of Skillman maybe?).
Is this Meego proper or a Harmattan-Meego hybrid that I (and others) assumed would be running on the N9 at least initially?

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Is this Meego proper or a Harmattan-Meego hybrid that I (and others) assumed would be running on the N9 at least initially?
According to him UI changes and making harmattan as compatible to MeeGo as possible are much of the reason for the delays.
He has said nothing about what will the qwertyless N9 have inside.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Nokia is still working on Harmattan! You can check the bugreports here
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-15851

Like tissot said Nokia wants to make Harmattan compatible to Meego, so it would be a MeeGo product and not just as Quim said an instance of Meego. Doing this Harmattan-Meego Device would receive the same Meego updates like entirely Meego Devices. The only Problem is timing. N9 has the Hardware of 2010 and with every delay its getting older. In the meantime Samsung is preparing their high end phone to showcase at MWC. In terms of marketing they can use features like Dual core CPU and 1080p Videorecording and playback.

Unfortunately it's also something that the guy i talked about previously has said that things are moving very slowly on the MeeGo side and the UI had big revamp not too far ago(because of Skillman maybe?).
My guess is also that DEB is now dished inside nokia to make it fully meego compliant (=RPM). This was as we know not the plan in april 2010 when mobilin+maemo merged.

Originally Posted by zymo View Post
The only Problem is timing. N9 has the Hardware of 2010 and with every delay its getting older. In the meantime Samsung is preparing their high end phone to showcase at MWC. In terms of marketing they can use features like Dual core CPU and 1080p Videorecording and playback.

If people decides phones after Ghz and how many pixels the camera has, well then they sometimes are stupid.

More Ghz or more pixels on the HW doesnt always mean theyr better/faster. Also true in the case of sofware like Flash 9 and Flash 10. If flash 9 has HW accel and Flash 10 has not and draining more battery and CPU which do you prefer?

* If an phone has 13Mpix camera and a old DSLR camera has 6 do you really beleive the phones camera is better?

* We already knows that 600 Mhz Cortex in many ways is better than Smartdragon 900Mhz. Or maybe this is not true Maybe its depending on OS its running?

* Maybe some OS is more optimized working in lower Mhz? (Hint: Maemo vs Android)

* My guess is there is plenty of HW outthere now that good HW fast GPU/CPU and so on in the specs. But they dont use it fully cause they dont know or had time to implement those new features in the os.

So my point is Mhz and pixels and/or latest versions of software/hardware is not always better.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-09 at 13:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
no kb no sales, prayer answered