A look at this url http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...ntrospect.html shows me that I can enumerate all sinks and sources. I'll try to find the sink used by rtcom and see if I can modify it or not. Still any help or hints will be appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodymeedo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Not helping, but im kinda curious where you want to go with this An easy blackmail application? Switch on to before calling the victim, to tell where to deposit the money to not get recognized?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duke For This Useful Post:
lol, nice idea. I'll think about that. Another one is when you want to make your wife think you are in a meeting or in the airport while you are with your other girlfriend. Think of the possibilities man. The sky is the limit.
But if I am able to do this, an Answering Machine app would be easily done..etc.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Create your own sink and src
Route microphone src to your sink
Your application takes sound from your sink and outputs it to your src
Make all applications use your src instead of microphone src
That's exactly what I will try to do. I'll keep you updated with my progress.
Thanks a lot.

are you trying to make something like voice changer ?

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
are you trying to make something like voice changer ?
Yes, something similar. There was that symbian app that added sound effects to your voice to make the other side think you are in the street, or a musical concert or something while you may be in your room. I want to do something like that.
Also I was thinking of making an answer machine app, which can pick the call and play a sound file which the other end listens to.
But that all depends on being able to send your sounds over the cellular network.

I'll make a morse code sender with it =P

Great idea, specially the voicemail on your phone. Could save money.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
@OP

Can you make me an App that makes me sound like Soundwave from The Transformers?

K thx.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
That will be one of the greatest app on N900 when it comes!!! Thnaks for having intrest in it i am waiting for this great app.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

I used pulseaudio's 'pactl list' command to inspect the pulseaudio configuration to find out what happens while in the following cases:
- when the phone is idle
- playing audio using paplay
- within an active call
- playing audio and within a call at the same time

I reached the following results:
- When in a call, the phone application does the following:
- it creates a new sink input on the pulse server whose driver is "voice-cs-call-sink-input.c"
- it mutes all the sink inputs on the server
- it switches the main sink and source's buffers to the "alternative" one. To be specific: for the sink "sink.hw0" and the source "source.hw0" it sets the property "x-maemo.alsa_source.buffers" to "alternative" instead of "primary".

What I did was that I made a program that uses the pulseaudio api to unmute the sink inputs. I tested but still no sound other than that of the call. So I thought then that I'd try to change the buffers back to the value "primary" but that's where I got stuck. I use QTCreator for the development. And I made use of the example made by a fine man at http://www.ypass.net/blog/2009/10/pu...-device-lists/. But when it gets to changing the sink or source properties I would need to use the "pulsecore" library. but in no way does my application compile correctly when i include anything from this library. I get all kinds of errors. So what I need now is that someone help me with either a simple project using the pulsecore library( I guess) and doing any simple task that would compile correctly on QTCreator. or provide me with another idea or method to be able to change that property.

Tags
did i work, do homework, help i'm stuck, help wanted, no it didnt